Tuesday, March 5, 2019

I only lasted for 1/2 day yesterday with Bill...and he's such a faker! All week-end, actually from the day I got sick, he did very well on his own and with the shorter visits from the kids. Eating breakfast in the dining room was major! I don't know if he ate all of his meals there, I suspect not, but at least he did a little socializing. He even admitted that it was probably a good thing that I wasn't there all the time so he couldn't depend on me so much for things.

Well, I got there a little earlier than usual yesterday and he was still in bed. The first thing I did was turn his phone on. That's top of the list for when he gets out, he's got to have a new phone. Anyway, he said he felt so weak that he didn't think he could get up by himself, so I helped him sit up. And once he was in his chair the first thing he said was that he didn't think he could eat his breakfast, he just wasn't hungry.

I stopped him right there, because that's what he was saying before every meal and then he would eat all of it, or most of it. So, I told him that just because I was there didn't mean he could go back to the "poor me" stage.

He did have a little problem at breakfast. One of his anti-rejection pills are very small capsules, and one got stuck on/behind his upper denture. I thought when he told me something was stuck to the roof of his mouth it was a bite of pancake so I told him to just take the plate out, and when he did he gagged and vomited, just a little. It was all phlegm and a little milk. I had to check it really well since he had just had his meds, but the only one I found was a half dissolved little capsule, so I think that's what was stuck. Of course that stopped breakfast right there.

I talked to Erica, the speech therapist, about it and since it wasn't a choking incident she wasn't concerned about that so much, but it was another hazard to watch for that could lead to a choking incident. From the way she talked, he's meeting all of his set goals for speech, or at least improving enough that it won't delay his release. They are still saying next week, so we'll see as the week gets closer.

Miranda came to take him for his shower and he didn't want a shower, but I made him go. Since they only shower twice a week, and his days are Monday and Wednesday, he needed one.

It wasn't long after that that I ran out of steam and said I really needed to go back home. I had planned to go to Walmart and then pick up some popcorn chicken from Sonic. I had ordered a salad from Dominoes Sunday night and wanted to put some chicken in it. But, felt so weak again that I knew I couldn't do Walmart. I just needed to lay down.

I finally got back with Tri-care yesterday and was told that all of the denied claims had been sent back through for re-processing. I had an email this morning that a claim had been processed, and several of the denied ones had finally been paid. So maybe I won't have to contact Sen. Boozman after all!

Bill said he did do the rest of his therapy when I talked to him last night. I would like to talk to him today about me actually spending less time there now and more time here at home getting it ready for him to come home. Some things have to be rearranged to accomodate his walker that he will definitely have to use this time, at least for awhile. We're also going to have to eat at the dining room table, for his safety. And since all I've done since December is come home, drop everything, and do it all again the next day, this place needs some serious work. Some of it can be done after he gets home, but some before he can get here. So, that's a discussion we may have today.

I talked to our oxygen supplier yesterday. Jeryn has been so good to keep checking on us. I asked if the tanks we've had that are still sealed still good and he said yes, they are designed to stay just as they are for an indefinite period of time. So, we should be good to get him home at least. And since they have reduced his flow back to 2 liters, they will last longer now. So, that was something I could mark off my to-do list.

That's about it, I think. I'll get back into the swing of things before long, I hope. It will be easier when he's home and I can get up, feed the cats and go back to bed. Or just not have to get dressed in the morning, or at all if the mood strikes. Hopefully the weather will start getting warmer, and more stable. Storms the day of Bill's birthday, snow Sunday morning, and forecasting severe storms for this coming week-end. And with the time change, I'll be able to stay later in the evening since it will be light later, so maybe can go a little later in the morning. All things to consider in the coming days. But for now, it's time for another cup of coffee and a little breakfast so that I can take my antibiotics and get ready for the day.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment