Saturday, March 2, 2019

My fever finally broke about 20 minutes ago. And, I tried going to bed and can't sleep! But, since I've slept the better part of 2 days, that's understandable. I told Bill on the phone tonight that it will be Monday before I can come back, mainly because I still couldn't keep my fever down, plus tomorrow morning it's supposed to be rainy and then change to snow, so I think it best to stay in.

Emily and the girls went to visit him this afternoon and he did something new today...he ate his breakfast in the dining room! He said they just came and got him and took him in there, and he enjoyed it. I know his trays are classified as meal assist, but I think as long as I was there, they let him eat in his room. Or maybe they just decided he needed to get out of his room. Em and the girls also took him to the sitting area by the nurse's station and he sat on one of the couches instead of his wheelchair. She said the nurses told her that they've cut his oxygen from 3 liters to 2 liters and they only bump it up for therapy. So he must be maintaining his sats better now.

Ryan is going to go over again tomorrow after church to visit. I know Bill does get lonely when there is no one there. Maybe they will take him to one of the church services tomorrow. They have one in the morning and another in the afternoon. Whenever I've asked if he wanted to go he would say no, so I don't know if he will or not.

So, another short post, but at least there is some good news, from both fronts. Now if I would just get sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment