Sunday, March 10, 2019

Yesterday was a day of absolutely nothing! We didn't do a thing. I helped Bill get dressed and that was pretty much that. We watched the storms come in and lost power once, but within 3 seconds the generator had kicked in and then kicked back off a few minutes later. When the tornado watch was issued I asked for a new oxygen tank since his was on red, just in case we had to hit the hallway. I didn't want to wait until the staff was going nuts trying to get all the patients to safety. Of course they just brought the tank, didn't take the old one out, so it defeated the purpose to have it.

After that we watched TV and more TV. 

We will both be glad when the next 3 days are over. And yes, I know, then it all falls on me. But, I'm doing everything for him now anyway, or helping him do for himself. I'm tired of having to get up and out of the house every day, whether it's in the morning or later in the day. At least when he's home, I don't have to get dressed if I don't want to and can sit and enjoy my coffee in the morning instead of sucking down a couple of cups before hitting the door. I can go back to bed after feeding the animals if I want, or take a nap in the afternoon. All the little things that people don't think about doing...until they can't do them.

I threw the cats out of the bedroom last night. I went to bed early and when they decided to join me, Mouse was in attack mode. It wasn't so bad when they were at my feet, but when they were on my pillow behind my head, that was it. I made sure after I pushed them off the bed that they were both out of the room and then shut the door. I was surprised not to hear a lot of meowing and hitting the door but did not. I opened it some time later when I went to the bathroom and they came in and settled down. I have a feeling they are going to spend a lot of time out of the bedroom when Bill gets home. That's not really fair to Kitty since she's always been allowed to sleep with us, but Mouse is just too wild. So, one of the first things on the list for when we return to normal is to get him fixed and maybe he will calm down some. He's nearly a year old now and I will have the time to take him and pick him up. Hopefully that will make a difference.

That's all I've got for today and I have a feeling the next post will be more of the same. If there isn't a post tomorrow, think nothing of it. Sunday's are usually pretty boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment