Saturday, March 9, 2019

Yesterday was one of those humdrum days that happen. I went to the eye dr. after going through clothes and leaving them piled on the bed. Then from the eye dr. (eyes have actually improved some, I guess some things do get better with age) a quick drive through the post office parking lot, and the drive thru at the bank and I was on my way to see Bill.

It was nasty, misty and foggy, so instead of getting on the bypass which is the faster way to go, I went through town. I didn't want to try to merge into lunch time traffic with so much fog and people not using their headlights.

Bill had just gone to occupational therapy when I got there and Tom was packing and gathering his belongings. I walked down to the therapy room to let him know I was there but didn't stay long. He gets distracted so easily I don't want him to stop what he's doing to talk to me. I did ask the therapist about leaving Wednesday and she said she didn't know anything about that. But, she did tell me when she brought him back to his room that she did ask someone else "more important" than her and we are still on target.

I left to get lunch and didn't think I would find a drive-thru that wasn't already around the building. By the time I got back Bill had eaten ALL of his fish (I forgot it was Friday) and almost all of his fries. And then the physical therapist came in. It was Manu from the Philippines. Bill told him he was still eating and made him come back, which was fine with me. The trays don't get to the rooms until 1, if they're running on time, and he was ready to get him at 1:15. That would be OK if he ate in the dining room at 12:30, but not when he eats in the room. We took his apple pie and tea off the tray for a snack later and off they went to PT.

Tom left about 3, against doctors orders. But, he wasn't there for the same conditions as Bill and he said he could do the same exercises at home that he was doing there. We got back into our routine of just watching TV and going over the dates for leaving. 

I left earlier than I had wanted, but the fog was thickening again and I didn't want to be driving in it in the dark. I got better closer to home but it took longer to get home, mainly because I could use cruise and had to drive slower than usual.

Bill called before his dinner came and then called again to let me know that he had had a couple of visitors! Brianna and David had stopped by to see him! He was really surprised, but said they probably thought he was lazy because he was already back in bed when they got there.

I told him I would be there at the usual time today, or pretty close to it. I've got to check my gas and see if I can get there and then get some on the way home, or if I need to get it before leaving town. We're supposed to have storms this morning and they could get severe as the line comes through. I would rather be home than there, but only 3 more days after today, so I think we can stick it out.

That's it for now. As usual, I'll either post again tonight or in the morning. Have a good week-end. Stay safe if you're in the path of the storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment