Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Yesterday was progress notes day for all of the therapies and as far as I know, Bill has met at least the minimal standards. Speech wants to watch him eat one more time, occupational wants to watch him in the bathroom using a walker since that is what he will use at home. She also taught he a trick for putting on a button down shirt that may make it easier for him.

His prograf level has finally come up to a therapeutic level again. It's back over 7 and he's on either the dosage that Mayo had set or .5 mg more than that. We'll go over all of his meds before he leaves. I'll also get to take what ever meds are left in case we don't have something. The only one I'm not sure of is the lasix.

We had some visitors yesterday. Good friends Floyd and Bambi came by after they had some dr. visits and George and Shirley, former church members and good friends also came by. We had a good visit with everyone. I didn't realize until I was on my way home thinking about the afternoon how much I've missed a "George Miller prayer". His prayers are so heartfelt and simple, not pompous like some pastor prayers are. It was a good afternoon.

I'm going to start packing Bill's things today. We've kept things to a minimum, but some things can be taken out to the car today and most of his clothes can be packed into his suitcase and be ready to go. Technically I can take him at 12:01 am, as soon as the calendar changes to the 13th...but I'm not going to do that. I figure that I'll get there at my usual breakfast time and by the time we go over everything it will be mid-morning. There won't be any therapy tomorrow so today is the last day for it. I do have some questions for the nursing staff that hopefully we'll be able to go over today, things like how do I care for his feeding tube, even though it's not being used.

The weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow with rain and then storms so hoping to get home before then. Ryan has offered to meet me at the house to help get Bill in and the cats corralled. I know that Mouse will try to escape while I'm holding the door open for Bill to come in so he'll have to be shut into either the bedroom or bathroom. He won't like that much but it will be for just a short time so hopefully he won't get into too much trouble.

I'm really looking forward to Thursday morning. I've already decided that when the cats wake me at 4:30 they will get fed and then I'm going back to bed...with the bedroom door closed! We're looking forward to enjoying our morning coffee together. Now if I can just get a cook hired to bring us breakfast in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment