Saturday, July 27, 2019

Bill's cough has gotten worse, yet it still seems like it stems from sinus drainage. But, it's starting to worry me, so next week, like it or not, he's going to the dr. He also is getting very winded with any type of movement. And it could be all related. The only therapy we haven't do ne is a breathing treatment. I had him use his therapy breather yesterday and he doesn't like using it.

We did make it to Dyersburg...twice! The first time was Sunday night and we just went to eat the new Southern Fried Chicken at Cracker Barrel. It was really good, but since they give you half a chicken, we brought home enough for another meal for each of us and sent some home with McKenna and her friend Carrington. I noticed that Bill was very disoriented and uneasy at the restaurant until the food came. There were so many people there and it was so loud, as it usually is in Cracker Barrel. But, crowds bother me now too, and if he's uneasy, then I'm naturally uneasy. We talked about it in the car on the way home and he said he's felt a little uneasy at home lately. He couldn't pinpoint anything, just that he felt like he should be doing something or something was supposed to be happening that wasn't. So, I'll ask Connie about that, too. He may need a low dose of an anti-anxiety med.

We went back to Dyersburg Wednesday and the ID office is closed until Monday. So, we went back home and I looked online for other facilities in the area that issue IDs and there was one in Jonesboro. I called them and got an appointment for the next morning. It was easy to find (with navigation, but won't need to use it again) and the woman was very nice. As I was attaching Bill's oxygen to his wheelchair (there's a huge lawn area, even from the handicap parking so I knew Bill couldn't walk it), a young man walked by to his truck and then came back and asked if I could use some help. I had just gotten the hardest part done, so I thanked him for the offer. As we were approaching the door, another young man in uniform came and opened the door for us and then told us where the office was, which was right inside the door. We had a 10 minute wait and then it only took 10 minutes to get the ID. I found out that the reason it was only done for 1 year was because I was approaching 65. I had to show my Medicare card and then she switched me from standard Tricare to Tricare4Life. She said it would now continue to expire every 4 years until age 75 and then it would not expire again. I didn't know either of those things. The person who did it last year should have told me that it was only going to be done for 1 year, and maybe she did. But, Bill was in the hospital, or had just gotten out, so I had other things on my mind.

I took Cat to the vet for her yearly check-up and she's been sick ever since. She threw up on the way home in her carrier and as soon as she was release she had bloody diahrea. She's been sleeping most of the time, but this morning her stool, while soft, was more normal and there was no blood. I told Bill it was just like when the kids got their shots as babies. Cat is still in the bedroom sleeping with Bill which is very unusual. I don't know what time she came in the bedroom. I had to adjust the air sometime in the night and she was still on the back of the loveseat. But she's on her favorite box now and was when I got up at 4:45. Yes, Mouse let me sleep a little longer today.

Today we have 2 granddaughters celebrating birthdays. McKenna is 15 and Kiyann is 12. We have a tradition of going out for breakfast and usually going shopping for gifts, but they both just wanted money this year and I don't think Pa is up to shopping.

It hasn't been quite as hot this week, but the humidity is building again and we could get some rain tomorrow. It has actually felt like fall in the mornings, only in the low 60s.

That's been our week. A little nerve wracking at times, but we'll get Bill figured out...I hope! All of his vitals have been good, except that he's lost a little weight even though he's eating, which is also worrisome. And yesterday afternoon his blood sugar went way up for no apparent reason. So gave him some extra insulin and when I check it after dinner it was still higher than it should have been, but was coming down. It will be interesting to see what it is this morning. The odd thing was that he hadn't eaten anything sweet all day, and no heavy carbs, just a few chips at lunch, and it had been several hours after eating when it was so high. But, he never can do anything the easy way!

No comments:

Post a Comment