Saturday, August 10, 2019

It seemed like this week has gone very fast for some reason. We weren't exceptionally busy so I don't think it's because of a busy social life, but it seems like it should not be Saturday already.

 Monday was my birthday, I'm now on Medicare, and we had planned on going to Jonesboro. We were going to get Bill's labs done and have breakfast and then do a little shopping if Bill felt like it. But, I woke up with a headache so we decided not to go, or I decided not to go. I just didn't wake Bill. But, felt better by evening so we went to a little BBQ place not too far from the house for my birthday dinner.

We did the labs Tuesday and then had breakfast at the Waffle House in Jonesboro.  I thought the only choices we would have for breakfast would be Waffle House, IHOP and Cracker Barrel. But, as we were heading to Waffle House, I spied a little place that had egg in the name and a breakfast plate picture. So, something to consider for the next trip over. We figured Cracker Barrel would be too busy in the store part and it's difficult to get Bill plus oxygen through there, we had recently been to IHOP and Bill loves Waffle House. So that's what we did.

Nothing much happened the rest of the week. It rained off and on and was very muggy, even at 6 in the morning when I go out to feed the cats. So, we've mainly stayed in.

 My IBS decided to flare up yesterday, at least I thought that's what it was. But as the day wore on and the antii-diarrheal meds weren't working, I was beginning to wonder if I didn't have a touch of the little stomach bug going around. I didn't eat any supper and, poor Bill, he only got a hot dog. I did give him a couple more choices and that's what he chose. I finally at a cinnamon roll in the evening, but it sat like a rock. When we finally went to bed I didn't sleep well and am still tired this morning. But the cats let me sleep until 5:15, which would be nice on a good day. Other than feeling so tired, the nausea is gone and I'm tolerating coffee.

I'm going to have to write down all of these different symptoms I've been having and then figure out which type of doctor I need to see. I do see my cardiologist in a couple of weeks. I think that with some of the symptoms, that lead to others, I need to start with a dermatologist. I actually think I have a mild form of psoriasis. My skin is really dry, no matter how much lotion/moisturizer I use and it's red and itchy, especially on the knuckles of my hands. I don't have the huge scaly patches that usually appear, but from what I've been reading, that doesn't always happen. All of this is leading me to think that my feet hurting, and the way I've been hurting all over my body, is actually psoriatic arthritis. So, that leads to a rheumatologist. I did pull out the Medicare handbook yesterday and I don't need a referral to either of those if they accept Medicare so now it's just a matter of finding ones. The dermatologist most people use say he is a good dr, but he's not got a good bedside manner. So I don't know about him. There are some others in Jonesboro. The one who was local here closed his office years ago. I have checked on rheumatologist yet. Maybe that's for today. I don't know if starting at our primary dr. would really do any good. She's already given me so arthritist medicine that actually made me sick the last time I took it. So it's a dilemma. 

Stephanie called yesterday afternoon with Bill's lab results and his white count is up again. But, it's lower than it was when we were both in for sinus infections in June. I asked her if she would feel better if we had a chest xray done and she said it was up to me. So, we may both go to the dr. next week and have him checked since we know his white count is up. He's still feeling well, he's gained enough weight that I gave him back his rings since they won't fall off. And it's not fluid weight. That's one thing I do watch for. They are taking him off his Lasix, so apparently his kidney function is good so we'll see what it is after coming off the med.

That's the scoop for this week. It looks really cloudy out now that the sun is trying to come up but we aren't supposed to have any rain, depending on which local station you listen to. But, there's nothing we can do about it so we'll just watch and see.

Have a good week-end and a good back to school week, if you are going to school, or have kids in school. I'm glad that's over for us, although I do keep up with the grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment