Saturday, February 29, 2020

I've had a terrible time connected to the internet today, but finally got my tablet to connect. Bill's numbers a have been stable for most of the day. They have him on a medicine to keep his blood pressure up, but they haven't stopped his mididrine so his blood pressure has been all over the place. They have also restarted the same antibiotic and his hemoglobin was a little low so he's getting a unit of blood. 

He's not had any sedation since yesterday except for his xanax but he's slept all day.  He does respond to questions but then goes right back to sleep. 

We did get a little scare a while back. His monitor showed his heart rate dropped to 40 and his oxygen dropped along with his respiration. All of the alarms were going off. Two nurses and Dr Yaranov came running and one of the nurses touched his shoulder and asked if he was ok and he nodded and went back to sleep. So when the blood came his monitor leads were all changed. At least they have all of the monitors on at the nurses station. 

They may have to cath him. He had been good about walking himself up when he had to urinate but today he's waking after the fact. They were going to try a condom catheter but those don't work well with him, so they just have extra towels under him.

That's about it. I had planned on paying bills today but with the crazy internet that didn't happen. I've watched home improvement shows all day, mainly because that's the channel the TV was on. I don't know when I'm leaving today again. Traffic won't be as bad today and since he's sleeping still I may go ahead and go. I can tell I'm tired, mainly from being bored!

I'll update again tomorrow at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment