Friday, February 21, 2020

The vent was changed to CPAP mode yesterday and he did great! His numbers stayed up, his heart rate stayed down and his respirations stayed what is probably normal for him, upper 20s to low 30s. Stephanie would like them lower still, but I think she has accepted that this is as low as they are going to go. Hopefully today he'll get to try trach collar, but she may keep him on CPAP for another day just to make sure. She told him she was really proud of how hard he was working.

The xanax has finally gotten into his system enough now that he doesn't immediately fall asleep. He stayed up all day yesterday, although I think he dozed off while he was sitting in his chair. He didn't want to get up but I told him he had to because I was not putting a TV in the bedroom! We are one of the few households that doesn't have a TV in the bedroom and I'm just fine with it! We did have one in Florida in the condo but we rarely turned it on, mainly if we were watching something and it was time to clean his driveline when he had the LVAD. 

I also told him that if he got into his chair he wouldn't have to get the "shaky bed" treatment. He hates the bed percussions and Diane told me she doesn't have to do it if he's moving around. So, that helped in getting him up. I'm going to try to get them to do it earlier today, unless he goes to trach collar early and then we'll let him get used to that first.

That's really all that happened yesterday...except for driving in the snow/rain/sleet. It started as a very fine snow here, so fine you could feel it and see it on the windshield, but you couldn't see the flakes. Then, as I went down the road, it changed to just rain, then heavy rain, then heavy rain and sleet and as I rounded a curve, some white stuff flew up from the front of my car. So, there had been snow mixed in that had started to accumulate on the front bumper. And the parking lot was slick so I was glad I had my cane with me. I was going to leave it in the car as my hip has been feeling a lot better lately, but since my foot slid when I put it on the ground outside the car I decided I had better take it. All of the stuff was gone, although I watched it snow for a couple of hours and now it's just cold!

I must not have rested well last night. My entire body hurts this morning, not just my hip but everywhere. So I must not have relaxed in the night. Hopefully coffee will help.

That's all for this one. We'll see how the day goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment