Wednesday, February 19, 2020

There's not a lot to tell about today since it was a short one for me as far as the hospital goes. Bill did just fine without me. In fact, he was probably better before I got there than after! The vent was turned down to 4 with the order given to respiratory to only call if his sats dropped into the low 80s and his respirations went into the 40s. Otherwise, they were just to monitor. And, he was doing fine. His heart rate was up some, but he hadn't gotten any xanax this morning. After I got there, he got a little agitated after doing therapy, which he didn't want to do, so he got some then and by the time I left it was back under 100. The one concerning thing was a blood pressure spike about 3 this afternoon, extremely high, even for me 176/something. He did say during therapy that he was really hot and he was flushed, so something was going on for a bit. Then he cooled down and wanted his blanket and sheet back on.

I was going to stay later this evening, but left at my usual time. I'm really tired and he was OK with me leaving. I didn't get to the hospital until 1:30. My doctor is very good, but she's really slow and always runs behind. My appointment was at 11:15 and I was finally put in a room at 12:45. I knew the appointment wouldn't take long since I'm not having any.problems, but waiting and wondering how Bill was doing was stressful.

I got a good report. She increased one of my blood pressure meds since my bp keeps creeping up. But, even though I had gained 2 pounds in 6 months, she wasn't concerned about it. She was more concerned about the results of my labs from last month at the local dr. I knew that my potassium was low, but only by a hair. What Dr. Morrow was concerned about was my sodium. It is also low and she said that sodium is one of the things that can be dangerous if it is low. My primary care dr. didn't say anything about that, just also wanted my magnesium checked, which was OK. So, we did more labs today since it had been a little over a month since I had them drawn here. I imagine I will get a phone call in a day or 2 with the results. Or, I can check the app tomorrow to see if they are in there.

So, I'm home, I'm tired and nothing else is going to get done tonight. The cats have been fed, the trash ready to go out in the morning. I do need to do the litter boxes, but I'll do that in the morning. For now, I'm shutting down and going to bed. Goodnight everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment