Saturday, February 6, 2021

 I didn't realize it had been almost a month since my last post. Time flies when you're having fun...NOT!

The year is still not going really well and I'll try to catch you up. I did get the roof done, now just waiting on the insurance company to refund the depreciation and to cover the additional costs. The roofer said that the extra charges should have been included in the original payment as it covers standard costs for a new roof. But, so far all I have had to pay is the deductible.

I still have my UTI. It is better, but not resolved, so back on antibiotics again, which has caused a yeast infection, but you don't need all of the details of that. I was supposed to get a Lifeline Screening the first, but the infection had kicked in the day before, so I had to reschedule it. Now it's not until the end of March at a small town in Missouri. I'm pretty familiar with the town, which is where Sheryl Crow is from.

I still have my 6 month cardiology appointment Monday afternoon in Memphis. I also need to call the eye dr and schedule a test he wants done and have my 6 month check there, and I broke a tooth so need to call the dentist. Maybe then I will be done with drs. for at least another 6 months.

Bill's ex-wife died unexpectedly a week ago this past Monday. She had been to the dr on the Friday before and was diagnosed with pneumonia. The girls said that on Monday they couldn't get a good O2 reading and by the time Mary Rose got to Aimee's she was gone. But, she had been wanting to die for a long time. She was the last of her family and she said she didn't know why she was still here. Mary tried to tell her it was for the grandchildren, but that wasn't what Rose wanted. They had a wake for her in Oklahoma where she was living and her funeral and burial is on the 13th in South Carolina. She'll be buried next to Charlie. I sent some flowers to Aimee's and used a local to her florist. Rose's favorite flower was of course the rose and the arrangement I picked out was lillies and roses. The picture Aimee sent me was a couple of lillies, a few baby mums and a lot of daisies! There is a considerable difference in cost between roses and daisies and there should be a good stock of roses this close to Valentine's Day. So, I contacted the florist and they offered to take another arrangement out, but it was too late by then. So, I just got a $15 store credit. But, they got a bad review online!

Not everything has been bad as far as the year goes.  Rex Charles Haven, a new great grandson made his appearance on the 4th. He was a week early but he weighed over 8 pounds and was 20 1/2 inches long, so he had cooked long enough.

I'm proud of myself today. We are supposed to get wind chllls below zero tonight. I have a heater going in the apartment and will make sure water is dripping in the house. But, today, I bought and installed faucet covers outside! It's the little things!

That catches you up for now. I can't guarantee when the next update will be, just keep checking!

No comments:

Post a Comment