Sunday, July 12, 2009

We are finally home! Got in about 2 this afternoon. Bill is feeling much better today than yesterday. He ate real food last night, although he had too much and had to take some more medicine. But he ate a light breakfast today and let me drive home. It's a good thing we both like to drive. I think, too, he also knows now that it something would happen in Houston, I can get us home with no problem!

We're planning on taking it easy tonight. I have to work tomorrow and he's got some business to take care of before we head to Memphis Tuesday to see Dr. Garrett. And then we should hear something from Nichole about the test results this week.

This was a learning experience for us. We now know what supplies we need to take, and what we don't need to take, that can be purchased after we get there. When the description says basic cooking utensils and dishes it means just that, 1 skillet, 1 pan, 3 plates, 2 glasses, 2 forks, 1 sharp knife, 3 spoons, 4 cups, 3 bowls and a can opener that broke the only time I tried to use it. No dishwashing liquid, but a 1 time packet of dishwasher detergent. Of course there weren't enough dishes to justify using a full size dishwasher! But like I said, it was a learning experience. If we are to go back we'll be better prepared.

There probably won't be a post tomorrow, but I'll let you know about the visit to Dr. Garrett.

Thanks for all the comments and good wishes. They helped keep me going all week.

1 comment:

  1. We are glad to hear you are home for a bit--We missed you! Rest up! Shirl

    ReplyDelete