Saturday, April 13, 2013

Finally! Spring has put in an appearance in Arkansas and it has made both of us feel much better!

The baptism service was wonderful last week and it was good to cry for a good reason. We all went out to eat afterwards and "the youngun's" all left first so we just visited with my ex and his wife. He and Bill compared some military experiences and it was an enjoyable afternoon. We were both tired and glad that we weren't having evening services.

With the weather warmer and the sun shining we both felt energized. Bill and Ron cleaned out the garage and Bill even mowed the yard! We have a lawn service, but Ron wanted to treat both of our yards for moles and needed to cut the grass to do that. Since it wasn't the day for our service to come, and we didn't know if they would come this week or not, he brought his riding mower over. He started mowing and then Bill got on and mowed at least the backyard. I was busy in the house so didn't pay a lot of attention, but I think it made him feel useful again. We also took the hardtop off of the Thunderbird so it's ready to go for the summer.

Bill has had mostly good days mentally this week. I think the weather has also helped with that. We've had some good talks about various things and not just memories. We've talked about things we want to do with the house and about the kids and grandkids. I've gotten so that I can tell by his face if he is having a good day or a cloudy day. Now if we could just get his leg cramps under control. He's staying hydrated now and has even said that he's really trying to drink more, so I don't know if his electrolytes are out of whack or what it is. I've gotten him some bananas and that has helped some so maybe is potassium was low.

We did have some storms this week and we lost power in the night. I woke up right after it went off when the ceiling fan quit! The bedroom got hot fast. We both got up and I opened the front door to let some air in. It was only off for about an hour. I'm so glad that Bill doesn't have the LVAD anymore. If the power had gone off with that we would have had to switch him back to battery power and then I would have braved the weather to switch over to the generator. We didn't use the generator this time but would have switched over if the power had still been out by the time morning arrived.

Bill got a phone call from the heart clinic in Memphis telling him that his pacemaker monitor needed to be upgraded. When he told them he didn't need it anymore they were quite surprised. They have been getting reports from Mayo throughout the process, but this was a different section and she didn't have any idea that he had had the transplant. We're waiting on a callback for an appointment since that was one thing Mayo wanted that we hadn't gotten done yet.

Next week starts baseball and softball games. We have 4 grandkids playing this year, 2 in baseball and 2 in softball. The baseball schedules are set but not softball. I am color-coding the calendar with the games. We are already seeing some conflicts and when we throw the softball games in we'll be doing good to get to 1 game for each of them. But, we enjoy watching the kids play. The pollen will kill me along with the cool night air and we will have to slather sunscreen all over Bill. We probably shouldn't eat ballpark food either, or at least Bill probably shouldn't so meal planning will be a challenge.

This was a milestone week for me as well. I did my last set of books. I had decided that I was turning the bookkeeping over to the office after this quarter. That let them get through tax season. So, I finished the quarterly reports and let the clients know. I had been doing those books for about 15 years, so it was a little sad to let them go. But, it was getting harder and harder to make myself do them and I was afraid that I was going to start making mistakes that would be costly. I'm going to go in to the office the first time they are converting to their program and show them the little quirks that each client has to make the transition easier. Of course, I gave the client the option of finding another bookkeeper if they didn't want the office to do them. I hope they don't, but it's their decision.

I guess this is all for this week. I hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment