Saturday, September 20, 2014

Can you believe that this is post #501? And there have been almost 19,000 pageviews! When I started this, I never dreamed that this would go so long, or be seen by so many people!

This has seemed like a very long week, and not just to me. Bill and Emily both said that it was an extremely long week. I felt bad until Friday and then I felt better than I had in a long time when I woke up. Still have a cough but it's also better. Luckily Bill hasn't gotten it, although he had a headache when we went to bed last night and was sneezing, but so far so good, he feels fine today.

We went to a football game Thursday night. Ryan's little girl was being a jr. cheerleader, so we went to see her. She's just like her daddy, stood there with her arms crossed looking at her feet. There were too many people looking at her. She looked really cute in her little outfit, though.

We had some lovely cool weather this week, but summer has come back, at least for a few more days. After this week-end it's supposed to finally get cool and stay cool. I'm ready for it. I've been wanting chili, but it's too warm to eat it, even with the air conditioning still running. I did make a pot of chicken noodle soup while I was sick, but it was more for medicinal purposes than anything.

Our daughter-in-law is having gall bladder surgery Wednesday. She's been sick for over 3 weeks and keeps getting different diagnoses. She finally saw the surgeon Thursday and she told her that if she had any pain the next day to go back to the ER and have them call her. They did that and she was still sent home. But, the surgeon called and said they could schedule it for Wednesday. We don't have a time, she pre-registers Tuesday. I don't know if we will go for the surgery since we still have to take Bill into consideration. Although it will probably be safe since it's been 2 1/2 years.

Monday was another milestone for him. It was 3 years that he had the LVAD implanted. He didn't realize it and I didn't mention it to him. A lot has happened since that day!

I don't know if I've said anything before, but Bill's oldest is expecting again, a total surprise. Anyway, she called Thursday evening and it's a girl, due Feb. 6. That's the day before Ryan's birthday. She thinks she will actually be born before the end of January. We'll just have to wait and see! She has 3 grown children and a 2 year old. She also has her semi-invalid mother living with her, is an RN working nights, and is studying to become a nurse practitioner with an emphasis in midwifery. I don't know how she does it! Of course her husband is a big help with William, but he works days so it does make if hard on her.

I think I've hit the highlights for this week. I'm sure there's been more going on, but you don't need to read about everything we've done. Our lives are not that interesting! Hope everyone has a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment