Saturday, October 4, 2014

Good morning everyone! It's quite cool this morning, only in the 40s and only 68 in the house. Didn't turn the heat on...yet. But, the coffee is hot and it's a beautiful morning.

My car arrived Saturday afternoon. I tried to post a picture of it, but it kept turning sideways. Don't know just what the problem is with it. If you want to see a picture of it, you'll have to go to my Facebook page.

We've had a good week, started out fast and ended slow it seems. I finally got Bill's appointment made for his colonoscopy. We go Monday for the office visit and then they will set the appointment. The nurse thought the doctor would want to do it at the hospital instead of the office, but that decision will be made Monday, I suppose. The office is right in the middle of a huge construction project on the highway, and the time is right in the middle of rush hour, so we're going to go to Memphis tomorrow afternoon and spend the night. Hopefully the hotel I picked is not too far, and in a good area of town. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn across the street from the hospital we use, but I picked one that looks to be about 3 blocks from the clinic. Woke up this morning hoping that is 3 blocks in the right direction. There is so much crime in Memphis now that we try to avoid it as much as possible.

We also got his Mayo itinerary. His appointments are Nov. 10 and they are basically what I thought they would be, labs, echo, nurse coordinator, doctor. They have us scheduled to see Dr. Patel, and we haven't seen him since we came home in 2012. He's my favorite of the 3 doctors, but don't tell Dr. Yip or Dr. Hosenpud!

The remote to the video system in the car, and the wireless headsets for the video system were missing from the car so we took the drive to Jackson to talk to our salesman. I had tried to call several times and couldn't get him and it was starting to bother Bill, so we had a nice drive. I do like the way this one drives and rides! It was a pretty day and traffic was really light so it was enjoyable. He's tracking them down and they will be sent directly to us.

We had some severe weather Thursday night and I had to get Bill out of bed for a tornado warning. There were several tornadoes but it seemed like they formed, dropped, and went right back up. No damage in our area. Since we don't get local weather with our satellite system I was watching it online and when he said they were going back to regular programming, we went to bed. We were supposed to get heavy rain most of the night, but after the first wave went through it stopped raining. So, we were very lucky. That front is also what brought the cooler weather, only supposed to be 60. The weather has just said we could see frost in the morning!

Bill hasn't had anymore problems with cramping this week, but he's also been drinking more and has been a little more active. I've told him he really needs to be walking more or Dr. Patel will not be happy, so he's spent a little more time on the treadmill.

All for today, he just asked me if we were going out for breakfast so I guess I'd better get some clothes on and comb my hair! Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Glad we live close enough to the Medical Center that no hotels were ever involved. That would have gotten quite costly and parking was already an added expense.

    Enjoy your breakfast!

    ReplyDelete