Saturday, November 1, 2014

Another month has come and gone! It doesn't seem like it should be November already! I'm sorry about the crazy formatting of last week's post. Blogger strikes again. No matter what I did it would not show up right. So far this one is behaving!

Bill doesn't feel well this morning. He said that he's hot, but he has no fever. In fact it was 95.4 and he's cold to the touch. He also says that his stomach is upset. When I questioned him more, and he has such a hard time trying to explain things at times, he said it felt like he could throw up. He's managed to take his morning meds, just now, and I hope they get into his system if he does get sick.

We've had a good week as things go. Sunday after church we went to Kayden's 10th birthday party for cupcakes and ice cream. He was thrilled that he got a phone. He's not able to use it to make calls, but he can text and use the internet.

Monday we got our flu shots and I got a pneumonia shot. We then went to vote and it was a good thing we voted early. We had discussed who was running for what office and what the other issues were. Bill had trouble with his machine, I think he was pushing too hard on the screen and it was flying through the ballot. I told him to stop and wait for the poll worker to come back and see what was going on. He made it through the ballot and he looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. I asked him if he got the flashing green "vote" button and he said yes. I asked if he had pushed it and he said yes and then he said it said he had voted. The worker went over and looked at his machine and said that it had recorded his votes and that he did good. All in all it took about 30 minutes.

By Monday evening I was feeling achy and woke up Tuesday morning feeling bad. I knew it was just from the flu shot so was prepared for it. My arm also hurt from the shot, but my hip really hurt from the pneumonia shot! It rained all day Tuesday, most of it just a nice gentle rain. We were supposed to go to a choir concert for Brianna Tuesday evening, but I just didn't feel up to it.

I felt much better Wednesday and managed to get our laundry done. I need to start looking at the Florida weather forecast so I know what to pack next week-end.

Our forecast was for much colder weather so I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup and we've had it the last 2 nights. There's enough left for 1 more meal, probably for lunch today.

It was right at freezing when we got up this morning and only supposed to get into the upper 40's today. But, it's a beautiful sunny day and the house is warm. Supposed to be the same tomorrow morning, too. How Bill feels will determine if we will make it to church or not.

That's about it for the happenings in the Haven household. I've noticed something that's interesting to me, and may not be to you, but it is to me so you get to read it, too. I follow a lot of blogs and one thing that I do is randomly surf through different blogs. If you haven't done it, click on the "next blog" on the left side at the top of this blog and it will start cycling through blogs. Some will be related to this topic, but most will be just random subjects. Anyway, there are a lot of family blogs, just detailing daily life. And what I find interesting is the fact that Mormons seem to be major bloggers! I don't mean this in any derogatory way, I just find it interesting and wonder why they blog more than other religions. Or maybe I'm just not happening on many from other religions or denominations. If anyone reading this knows the answer let me know...inquiring minds want to know!

Today will probably be quiet will Bill not feeling well, so I'll sit here at the computer and get the bills paid for the month. I would do that even if he felt well since it's the 1st of the month, but not much else will go on.

I hope everyone had a good Halloween. We only had 6 kids come by and the last 2 weren't in costume and were pushing the age limit. Now I wish we had gotten some "adult" candy, meaning chocolate! Instead we are left with stuff only kids will eat. Guess there will be stuff here for the grandkids!

I'm starting to ramble so this is it!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I would blame the flu shot! There is some nasty stuff in those.

    ReplyDelete