Friday, November 21, 2014

It's Friday night, getting close to bedtime, and I figured I would go ahead and get this updated. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.


We have recovered from our Florida adventure. It was so cold the first part of the week that I didn't want to get out and I don't think Bill has left the house at all except to take out the trash. Just buying groceries and getting laundry done were major accomplishments. But, we've rested and are ready for our next adventure.


After our snow on Monday, with temps only in the 30's for a couple of days and the 40's the rest, it's going to be in the 60's this week-end with the possibility of thunderstorms! They always say if you don't like the weather in Arkansas, stick around it will change in about 15 minutes!


I had lunch today with the girls from the office. We wanted to get together before tax season starts for them. We had a good time, although I think our waitress really wanted us to leave the table. But, the restaurant wasn't busy and she was tipped very well, so we stayed a little longer than usual.


McKenna came over after school. She likes riding the bus to our house instead of going home. She wanted to be able to go home by herself last year but Mom thought that wasn't a good idea. This year with Brianna involved in so many extra curricular activities, they put down some rules and are letting McKenna go home alone...and she doesn't like it! Of course it could be that there's no-one there for her to talk to! She talked from the minute she walked in the door until her mom came to pick her up! We looked through catalogs to get some ideas for Christmas presents and then watched YouTube videos until the battery died in my laptop. I've noticed that it's been running hot so may be time for an upgrade!


We are going to Ryan and Amanda's for dinner tomorrow night. Ryan got 2 deer this year and he's got some meat for me. So we're going there to eat a venison roast tomorrow. I also have to make a dish to take to church Sunday for our Thanksgiving/Harvest dinner. I'm also going to make a cobbler to take to Ryan's.


It's supposed to be pouring rain Sunday so we may not make it to church. I can always have the dish picked up if we don't make it.


I also have to pack again. We're going to Illinois for Thanksgiving. I've been watching the forecast and there's a chance of freezing rain/snow mix on Monday and snow on Wednesday. Good thing I'm planning on going on Tuesday! We'll be coming home on the following Monday, if the weather allows. We have to be back Tuesday so if the weather's going to be bad, we'll leave a little earlier.


I won't update this again until after we get home. I hope everyone has a good holiday. We all have much to be thankful for, whether it be big blessings, or small ones.

1 comment: