Friday, December 12, 2014

Posting early this week. I'm going shopping with my daughter tomorrow and don't know when we will be back. So, it's easier to do it today since I know some of you check this in the morning.


I didn't make it to church Sunday. It was one of those days when my body said to stop. But Bill went by himself.


Did the usual grocery shopping/errands on Monday and got the Christmas cards addressed and ready to mail. The things that I had ordered also started coming in so we were going through packages.


Bill has tried to come down with a cold. He's been stuffy and his voice is very deep. But he says he feels OK and he hasn't had any fever. There has been so much sickness in this area, colds and stomach viruses, that I told Bill we just need to hibernate and become hermits in the winter!


We did get some very bad news on Wednesday. Bill's son Joe called and said that his oldest son, a step-son he had raised from a small child, was found dead in his apartment. I think he was about 25. He was diabetic and epileptic and they think the cause of death was a sugar issue, but I don't remember now if Joe said it bottomed out or skyrocketed. Anyway, he missed an appointment Monday and when people went to his apartment to check on him they found him. And it seems like the county coroner in the county he lived in needs a lesson in tact. Tina, Joe's wife and Esteban's mother, found out by a voice mail from the coroner stating that he had the body of Esteban and needed to know where to send the body! They were not notified by any other source before this call.


Bill and I discussed it and we decided not to go to Georgia. He's going to be cremated and there is going to be a very brief viewing for his parents and brothers and close friends. I don't know if Tina's father will go or not. We both have parts of us that say we should be there for them, but other parts that say they will understand that we are not there. I don't think they expect any out of town people to be there.


Last night I got news that a classmate had passed away yesterday. She just turned 60 on the 2nd. It's unclear what the cause is there, but it was a shock to everyone, including her family.


On a good note, our grandson Kayden is being baptized Sunday! He's very excited about it. I need to let his daddy and other grandparents know so maybe they can come to see him. Note to self: send texts as soon as this is posted.


We're having dinner tonight with some good friends and we always have a good time with them.


Tomorrow is also an anniversary of sorts for us. It will be 2 years that we came home from Florida for good. At times it seems like things are still very new and fresh and other times it seems so very long ago.


So, there you have it, the synopsis of our week. I'm sure more has happened, but my mind is blank. It's my low point time of the day so I need some caffeine and chocolate. The caffeine is easy, but I don't know if there's any chocolate or not. May have to just settle for sugar! Have a good week everyone! Now to send those texts...

3 comments:

  1. Condolences on the losses, congrats to Kayden and HAPPY TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY. Now, get on those text messages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already done Ms. A...and to top everything off my son GOT A JOB!

    ReplyDelete