Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Blogger is acting really strange tonight mixing fonts together, so if this looks weird, that's the reason.

Bill got a good report from Dr. Hosenpud, except for his kidney function. It has not been good since the transplant but it has been holding stable. But, his numbers were higher than before, bordering on too high. His prograf (one of the anti-rejection meds) is filtered through the kidneys which adds to the problem. As of now, all they are wanting him to do is drink more, which of course, I have been telling him. But, it comes better from someone other than "the wife". So, he's going to try to do better.

When we come in May, Dr. Hosenpud also wants to do a heart cath. They have not done one for 2 years because of his allergy to the dye. But, he said to make sure he is given the meds to counteract that and if the dr. who is doing the cath, or sees us in clinic doesn't think it's necessary, to tell them to cancel the cath. Don't know exactly how that will work, but we will see. I guess it will be a time to assert some authority again.

The weather on the drive down wasn't bad when we left early Sunday morning, but right before getting on the interstate in Alabama it started raining and rained the entire way to our overnight stop. We got totally soaked getting dinner. I had planned on just going through the drive-thru at Zaxby's but it was raining too hard and I could park right at the door. We parked farther from our room than I wanted, but we didn't have to use the key to get in the front so parked there. Yesterday we had to wait longer to leave because of torrential rains and it rained hard enough that it was hard to see until right before we got to Florida. After that it didn't rain at all. It took 45 minutes to get through town because of a horrible accident. It looked like they had to cut the people out of one of the cars.

I have truly enjoyed our balcony. I sat with my coffee and devotions this morning and watched the sun rise. Ironically we will be able to watch the sun set when we get to Clearwater tomorrow.

I've had a terrible time with electronics this trip. My car charger died and then I left the USB cable in the car last night, so my phone was almost completely dead this morning. I couldn't get my new cable for my tablet to charge it until this afternoon, and the internet at this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. I guess they don't expect guests to use the internet since they should all be on the beach! Anyway, it has been a challenge. Made a quick trip to the ATT store and got a new interchangeable charger for the phone, batteries for the cameras that died while I was taking pictures of the sunrise. Could only replace them in the cheap camera and not my Kodak because Walmart didn't carry/doesn't carry the battery packs anymore! Oh well, we managed. I'll try to get some pictures uploaded after we get home.

I do know that the internet is not good where we are staying in Clearwater so don't know if there will be any posts until we get home on Sunday.

OK, that's it for this leg of the trip. I need to make one final trip to the balcony before calling it a night...the wind and waves are calling my name!

 

1 comment: