Saturday, February 25, 2017

This morning is the total opposite of last Saturday. Last week was damp and dark but warm. Today is a beautiful sunny day, but cold! It was only 32 this morning when I got up. It's been in the 70s for most of the week and today the high is supposed to be 49.

We were pretty busy this week. I went shopping with Ryan last Saturday. He's missed so much work with Amanda being so sick that they couldn't afford groceries. So, we went grocery shopping. I would rather do that than just send money. Bill stayed home since there would be a lot of walking and he didn't want to just wait at their house. I don't know about him, but I enjoyed the alone time. He didn't have any problems. I made sure he had lunch before I left.

Monday we went to Jonesboro. We both needed new shoes and I needed to get my anniversary ring inspected to keep the warranty valid. We were successful on both counts and had lunch out. We hadn't done that for quite some time. It seems like we go, do what we have to do, and come home. But, this time I decided we were stopping to eat. There are so many more choices there than here. It was warm and light traffic, at least on the highway, so it was a good day.

Wednesday we both had eye appointments, or I thought we both had appointments. The card we had said we did, but Bill didn't get put into the system. Dr. Jones said he would see him anyway. It's nice that both of the drs. know his condition and know that coming at the same time is just easier. Bill didn't need new glasses again, but I did this time. I wasn't surprised since it had been a couple of years and I could tell a difference when doing things. The new ones should be in next week.

Thursday was Bill's 74th birthday. We went to Applebees in Dyersburg for dinner. It is always good and there wasn't any wait. I didn't like coming home in the dark. I'm finding I don't see as well at night anymore, and I don't think that will change with the new glasses. It's a very dark drive with very little light on the highway, not even at the exits. But, we made it home safely.

We also arranged to have Bill's car picked up to go to the shop. We still can't get it to start so it's supposed to be picked up Monday. I've started the process to get Bill thinking about selling it. He hasn't driven for almost a year and every time he had talked about, before the car conked out, he would not follow through. I think he's beginning to be afraid to drive. I don't think he's considered that he will have to have a little oxygen tank with him now. It won't hinder his driving since the tubing won't droop to get in the way of his feet, but I don't think he's thought of that.

We're going to watch some pre-season baseball this afternoon. I'm so glad it's starting again. We watched a little of a game yesterday, but there is a full line-up of games today. I'll need to get all my chores and shopping done before they come on!

That's it for this week. We have no plans for next week as far as I know now, but who knows what will pop up! Have a good week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment