Saturday, February 4, 2017

We had a very interesting week. Sunday morning, after feeding the cats, I watched to see which cats came to eat. After the gray kitten ate, and a couple of the adult cats, I was just getting ready to sit and enjoy my coffee when I saw another one coming that was a different color than the usual ones. As it came around the wood box, I saw that it was a huge possum! I went out to scare it off and it went under the house! It was probably 18 inches tall and 2-3 feet long, not including the tail. I've never seen one that big! So, added calling animal control to my to-do list for Monday. Sunday evening when I put the cat food out and watched, the little one (Tippy) came out to eat and Muggly (the ugly one) and Lucy (or Louie) came and they were really "talking" to each other. Muggly finally starting walking around the house with Lucy/Louie following and then Tippy ran to catch up. The went down the street to another house. After it got dark the little black one (Inky) came to eat.

Called animal control Monday morning and they came that afternoon with a trap. They baited it with sardines (very smelly) and a small can of cat food. I looked out right before dark and we had caught Tippy. For such a cute little kitten, it sure acted "big" as it hissed and swiped at me while I was opening the cage. Bryan came to reset it and we baited it with some hot dogs since I didn't have any wet cat food, or even a can of tuna. Something tripped it in the night but we didn't catch anything else. Tuesday morning the cats came back, including Boots McGreedy (a gorgeous one who usually gets to eat first). The trap was re-baited in the late afternoon and just after dark I heard dogs barking. We have trouble with some stray pitbulls eating the food, so I went out and we had caught Lucy/Louie. I wasn't going to try to get her/him out of the trap so animal control released it Wednesday morning. Since I hadn't seen the possum again, and since the cats came back, I told them to remove the trap and I would just keep watching for it. So far there's been nothing and we still have at least the 2 kittens and McGreedy.

We had all of the backyard debris cleaned out Tuesday. The last time our lawn service swept the yard they blew all of the leaves up against the house. So a friend who need money came over and did an excellent job. We'll have to find something to plant since we removed the monkey grass. I had to put down a mat from the cat access to the food bowl so they would be in mud.

We both got haircuts Wednesday afternoon, and Thursday my hairdresser announced that she was no longer affiliated with that salon and was just exploring her options! This was the best cut I had gotten from her and since I have "problem" hair, I hate the thought of having to train someone new.

Thursday was Bill's appointment with the pulmonologist in Memphis. The good news is that his lung function has improved some. The bad news is that when he walks his level drops very low again. So, he's to use his oxygen at a continuous 4 liters when he's walking. When he's on his treadmill that isn't a problem because I can change the setting on his concentrator. The problem comes when using the small tanks. Something had told me to take extra tanks with us and it's a good thing we did, because we used all 3 of them. At "cf4" the tanks only last 30 minutes, an hour for "cf2". Since it's an hour each way...well you get the picture.

Monday he has to have his quarterly labs done in Jonesboro, which is also an hour each way, and we only have 3 full tanks left, and none scheduled to be replaced until Thursday. I may just take one of our back-up 4 ft. tanks and use and leave it in the car. That would help. I will need to ask our rep Billy about getting some of the 3 ft. tanks that Bill would just pull, or the battery/rechargeable concentrators. I would prefer the battery ones. Those can be charged in the car and the batteries are easy to change. That would make things so much better!

We've both been stuffy again, changing weather again. I also had my rosacea flair up Thursday night. It's much better today after using the cream, but I wish they would make it smell better. Seems like something that goes on the face, close to the nose, would either smell good, or have no smell at all. But this is terrible!

Our daughter-in-law was hospitalized this week. I don't think they ever figured out the problem, but I suspect it may have been the Norovirus. She's home now and I haven't heard anything as to how she's doing, so I figure she's at least stable. As my mother always says "No news is good news".

 So, that's been our week. I could have done without some of the drama, such as with the possum. Hopefully we'll make it through the trip to Jonesboro without running out of oxygen! I'll let you know next Saturday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment