Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The pneumonia crisis is over! We moved his appointment from yesterday to today since the weather was awful in the morning. It was also the first day of school for McKenna and since she is doing online school at our house most of the time, I really didn't want to leave her alone.

After waiting for 2 hours past appointment time, she said that he was moving air nicely again and his white count had gone back to normal. She just advised that if he started wheezing again or coughing more or having trouble breathing to use a breathing treatment to see if that fixed it, and if not to come back to see her.

The weather is really awful now. It rained most of the morning and was so very humid today that it was hard for anyone to breathe, let alone someone with problems. It's supposed to be more of the same tomorrow, so he will probably stay in.

We didn't do too much last week, just normal stuff. Kiyann and I went shopping Sunday for baby shower gifts for Tori. Since Kiyann is going to be an aunt, I let her pick out a couple of outfits to be from her. The shower is Saturday afternoon. I think Kayden is going to go too so that he can hang out with Ryan. I'm not sure if Bill will go or not. I'll just have to make sure he's got something for supper since the shower is not until 4 and it's an hour drive there and back and I don't know what all they have planned. Of course I can always leave if necessary.

Kenna is doing pretty well with her online classes. She has to do 6 hours a day of school work. That is a state requirement. So we have to log how much time she has to spend in each class. This week is a little different than what it normally will be, but they wanted the kids to be able to navigate the site before they really get into it. I've noticed she does better listening to music as she reads and she does better in the mornings than the afternoons. So, we'll get things adjusted as far as schedules go.

We found out when we're going to Florida. We have to be there the Monday after Thanksgiving. It was either then or the 8th of December. So, we opted for the early one. We checked with Don and Shirley and it was good for them, so we're going to visit them for Thanksgiving and then go on to Jacksonville. I know that traffic will be horrible, travelling on Tuesday and Wednesday before the holiday, but that length of visit is just about right for all of us. It will be more driving, and coming home we're taking a different route because of hotel availability, but I'll have time to rest after we get home.

So, you've gotten updated on all of the doings. I'm tired today. The cat was restless all day yesterday and started again about 3:30 this morning. I finally got up about 6 and she was still pacing and meowing and wouldn't settle down anywhere. Before getting Kenna started I vacuumed and then after she settled in I started laundry. The cat finally settled down in the afternoon and slept most of the time we were gone, but has paced again this evening. I don't know if it's this weather or if she's detecting the earthquakes that have been happening in northern Tennessee. They have been small and we haven't felt them, but something is bothering her. She can't be in heat since she's been spayed, so I'm stumped. Maybe she'll sleep better tonight!

Hope the rest of your week is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment