Saturday, April 7, 2018

Here it is the end of the first week of April and I'm listening to the tapping of freezing rain on the windows! We are right at the line of the wintery mix and rain. It's not going to last and it's not going to be a major event...but it will probably keep us from going to the Pancake and Sausage breakfast at one of the schools. It's not a fundraiser for the schools but for the local Kiwanis Club. We haven't been in years and Bill thought it sounded good. But, we'll probably stay in now. I'll know more after the sun is up.

Bill is "cured"! Of course he will still have the pocket of pneumonia in his lower lung that we will always have to watch, but he's over this bout. He feels good, his white count was excellent Wednesday and he doesn't have to go back. He did have a little problem with thrush over the week-end from all the antibiotics but I had some Nystatin and started using that and we took him off the Doxycyclene for a few days. She also took him off it completely yesterday when I saw her and just told me if he starts to get symptomatic to start him on that again, and it may be something he will have to take like he does the Bactrim. 

I told him Thursday afternoon that he looked like he felt good. He had told me that he did, but he looked like the old Bill. His eyes were clear and focused and I could tell that his mind was clearer than it had been in a long time. His appetite has come back and he's actually interested in things again. He still hasn't started doing his word puzzles again, but maybe soon. I actually think he misplaced the one he was using but he has an entire box to choose from.

I went back to the dr. yesterday and it was actually a waste of time. My thyroid levels all came back normal. The cardiac consult has not been scheduled yet. I know the nurse tried last Friday, but it was good Friday and that office was closed. But, nothing had been done this week either. My pressure has come down, although it's really hard for me to tell. I get reading still in the 172/100 range so Amy checked it when she drew Bill's labs Wednesday and she got 126/74, yet when she took it with our machine it was 162/88. When I took it yesterday before the dr. it was 158/88 and at the office it was 145/83. So, we just going to assume it's about 15 points different, at the least. I'll change the batteries this week-end and see if that changes anything, or maybe we just need to get a new one. We'll see. I do feel better with the other blood pressure added, the extra potassium and the anti-anxiety. I'm not waking up as tired as I had been and have a little more energy.

My sister and mother both wonder why a stress test would be suggested...especially since I'm already under a lot of stress to begin with. I would imagine that the cardiologist would want to consult first before doing any testing. And as much as I like Dr. Shala, I may tell them I want to go to a different dr. The group Bill was with before the transplant as a dr. that specializes in women's heart health and I think I want to go to her instead. So, I'll call them first thing Monday morning and let them know that. I also know where that office is. It's in the same building as Dr. Burbeck and across the street from the hospital. They don't do the testing at the hospital, there is a huge test area that covers an entire floor for any scans, mris and such, so it's all in one location. Dr. Shala's may also be in the a complex like that, but I would rather be in one I'm familiar with. Ryan said that he and Amanda would go with us just in case I can't drive home, and someone needs to be with Bill to monitor his oxygen and just keep him company so that he doesn't panic in an unfamiliar place on his own.

That's been our week. We've watched baseball as much as possible and just stayed in. We did go out for lunch one day this week, and Bill has wanted food from different places in town. I've gone and picked them up which is just easier, but at least he's showing interest in things again.

So, maybe next week I'll have an appointment and then it won't be long before we head to Florida. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment