Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Yesterday was productive, at least for Bill. His room was empty when I got there and I found him at the end of the hallway by the windows with cardiac rehab. They had been out for an early morning stroll.

In the afternoon physical therapy came in and had him do some of the exercises he's been doing here at home with Tammy, and then occupational therapy came late and did some other exercises and went over some home safety things. She was impressed that we already had them in place.

Cardiology ordered a walker for him to go home with and said that when I say he could come home, they would then talk about discharge, but if I thought I couldn't manage his care, he would just stay put. He didn't like that very much, and I don't know how serious she was, but it works for me.

Dr. Fox, one of the pulmonolgists came in and said he was sounding much better, although there hadn't been much change in his x-rays. He did say that the biopsies that were taken during the bronchoscopy only showed inflamation, nothing bad. No cancer or anything like that. So, the plan is to just keep on doing what they're doing. He didn't give any time table for discharge.

I was getting ready to leave after Bill's dinner came and ran into Dr. Threlkeld in the hall, so he came on in instead of going where he had planned. He said he's sounding better. He didn't say if anything else had been isolated yet and we would just continue as planned. 

We've both noticed that Bill has developed a pretty pronounced tremor in his hands. I asked Dr. Threlkeld about it and he thought it was probably due to the breathing treatments and not the antibiotic. So, I need to do some research on that, too.

That's about it. Bill was thrilled to be able to walk some, but by the time OT finished he was pretty tired. He told me to go home, I was leaving about that time anyway, that he knew if was hard on me going back and forth. It wasn't bad yesterday. Traffic was light and I made it in a little over an hour and didn't speed...much!

Well, one cat is on the washing machine trying to eat my bra that's hanging up drying, the other is ready to launch from the other office chair. So, I'd better be ready to referee. They still fight some, but they also antagonize each other now. Another update will come after today's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment