Saturday, July 13, 2019

For those of you who are early risers and read this early, I'm sorry it's late. I was still tired when the cats woke up so I pushed them out of the bedroom and closed the door and slept until 6:30. I still feel tired, but haven't had any coffee yet (it's in my cup, just haven't taken the first sip).

Not much happened this week. It was hot, very, very hot. We've had heat indices between 105 and 110, so there is no leaving the house then. It's too hot to sit in the car and going in and out of places just saps all your energy.

After my post of last week, which I re-read this morning, I woke up Saturday morning feeling like my old self, with some energy. I was able to get some things done around here and didn't nap at all in the day. I woke up Sunday raring to go. Got all the laundry done, washed, dried, folded, put away. Bill helped some with hanging his clothes which he hasn't done in a long time.

The energy lasted all week...until yesterday. It was another day of dozing and sleeping in my chair with no energy. And I think I've found the culprit...Zyrtek. I had started taking it again since the weather has been so bad for breathing and I had taken it in the day with no problems. (Bill takes it twice a day with no problems). But, that's the only thing different. So, I didn't take it this morning but I'm going to take it tonight. I've noticed the last few nights I'm back to my tax season sleeping...awake every 2 hours and then sleeping really good when it's time to get up. So maybe the Zyrtek at night will help with that.

We got Bill's insulin this week, and it's all messed up. I don't know if they sent 3 months at a time, or just 1 month. I can't tell from looking at the prescription. With the medium acting one, which he gets 5 units twice a day, we got 3 vials, which would be for 3 months. But, for the regular acting, which he gets only if his sugar gets above 200, he got 9 vials! If we do have to supplement the medium acting, he gets 1 unit starting at 200 and it increases 1 unit for every 50 points its above 200. So we use very little of that. I don't know what is going on. I guess I need to call the dr and the pharmacy both to see what the deal is. I told Emily to let me know if anyone uses the kind of insulin we have and has a hard time getting it. They can have the extra we have. She said Connie may want to use it for the free clinic here in town. So we shall see.

I started Bill back on his maintenance inhalers this week. He's been coughing so much and when I checked his oxygen level it started at 88 and took it awhile before it got to 90, which is his baseline. He was also having trouble walking, not the physical act of walking but breathing when walking. Part of that is because he is so sedentary, partly the COPD. He told me that the coughing was still all upper airway and he had not heaviness in his chest at all. Yesterday when I check is O2, it went straight to 96 and didn't move. So, we'll keep using the inhalers. I had to get a new prescription for Advair but it's already been sent to ExpressScripts and should be mailed out in the next few days.

We're bracing for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane. I haven't looked at the current track lately but I know we had a flood watch issued starting tomorrow afternoon and going through Monday night. The last I saw last night before we went to bed was that it had moved a little farther west and should track right up the middle of Arkansas. And we will be on the rainy side. They were forecasting 6-8 inches of rain before it's completely out of here and 30-40 mile winds. So the next few days could be a little rough. I'll make sure today we have all the supplies we need as far as food for people and cats.

Today it's a beautiful sunny morning and it was 76 and pleasant when I fed the cats. I guess the calm before the storm. But 76 with no heat index is better than 80 with a heat index of 93 like we've been having in the mornings. 

All for this week. If you're in the path of the storm stay safe. If it's hot where you are, stay cool. See you next week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment