Wednesday, July 22, 2020

It's with a heavy heart that I write this tonight. I received a call this afternoon from Bill's sister that her husband passed away this afternoon. He had been holding his own with COVID , but went into cardiac arrest this afternoon. They were able to bring him back once, but not a second time.

Shirley is holding it together. I feel so bad for her having to deal with another loss so soon after losing her brother. And I would really like to be packing a suitcase and heading to Florida to be with her, but I know that it isn't safe for me to do that. She understands that, but we need the sister time together.

Her daughter lives nearby, but all of Don's sons live in New England. Most of them have small children, with 1 just born in March. So, they aren't able to come now either. Don's sister lives in Tennessee and, because of age and the virus, also isn't able to travel. But, my heart is with her.

We did decide that Don is at the organ, Bill has his trumpet, and Shirley and Don's daughter Kim has her violin and Bill's mother is getting quite a concert tonight. We were both going to have a glass of wine and toast Don, and I know I did it.

So, this is short, the news is not good, but that's all I have right now. I've been doing well. I still can't schedule Bill's burial, so he's hanging out on the mantle! The girls, McKenna and Kiyann, have decided that we don't have to take his urn out to eat on Monday morning for their birthday breakfast. We were going to have a picnic at the cemetery, but since we can't do that, we're going to do what we normally did. Kayden is going to come this time. He has missed his last 2 breakfasts because Bill was in the hospital. Brianna hasn't had one in a couple of years either and she'll be working Monday.

Keep us in your prayers, especially Shirley. She's really kind of lost right now...and I know the feeling. 





No comments:

Post a Comment