Friday, October 16, 2020

I surprised my mom by going to Illinois last week! My sister was the only one who knew that I was coming. I actually had to go to do her taxes since the deadline was fast approaching. Also surprised my brother and sister-in-law and niece. We had a good visit, but I had to cut the visit a little short because of Hurricane Delta. We were supposed to get heavy rain on Saturday and I really didn't want to drive in that, so came home on Friday. I was ready and my sister was ready to get rid of me! It was a lovely drive home (takes about 6 hours) with light traffic. But, as soon as I crossed the Arkansas state line, about 5 miles from home, it started raining! And it was raining so hard when I got home I had to sit in the car for a bit. Saturday's rain wasn't really heavy but steady from sometime in the night and all day.

Tuesday I woke up with a headache and just chalked it up to changing beds again. I had it all day and it moved from the front of my head to the back of my head just off my left ear. I had it all night and still had it on Wednesday. I took my blood pressure and it was higher than normal, not high enough to warrant a trip to ER, but higher than my cardiologist wants it. So I figured that could be what was causing the back of the head headache. I also had some sinus issues with lots of drainage.

Yesterday, Thursday, I still had the headache back full force and my sinuses were draining so much that I was a little nauseous and my throat hurt. But, during the morning, I developed some diarrhea (I know too much information). So, especially since my blood pressure was still up, I called and got in to see my nurse practitioner. In light of my travel, even though I was masked whenever I went anywhere, and do here at home, she wanted to test for COVID-19. She was concerned about the BP being up, but she was more concerned about the diarrhea, especially after I told her how much Imodium I had taken. She said that she had other patients that their only COVID symptom was digestive issues. So, a flu swab and the COVID swab and I was sent home to quarantine until I got the results. I couldn't even pick up my meds. Emily got them on her way home from work. I got a Z-pack and some Prednisone. Luckily I had gone to get groceries so I've got plenty of food. I also had to cancel my chimney sweep. I was told that he could still come as long as we were both masked and stayed 6 feet apart, but I didn't want to expose him unnecessarily.

I feel much better today, headache mostly gone, diarrhea mostly gone and sinuses under control. I know that's due to the meds. But, the test results came back really fast and I am NEGATIVE for both flu and COVID! A granddaughter also was tested yesterday and she has not gotten her results and they were done in the same office and sent to the same lab!

I do go back to the dr. next week for a follow-up and to get my flu shot. They are also checking to see when I got my pneumonia shot the last time to see if I can go ahead and get the Prevnar-13 shot. I think it's been more than a year, but I'm not sure. It's also time for my Medicare Wellness visit so they are also setting up a mammogram. I requested the non-invasive colon test instead of the colonoscopy. I'm a couple of years overdue for that because of Bill being in the hospital and my gastro dr. doesn't do the noninvasive test. I do have to sign a waiver that I know it's not as accurate and if it does show something I will have the colonoscopy. But, nothing was found on the last one so I'd rather do this now. 

Still no word from the VA except for an acknowledgement that they are compiling the information they need. And still no estimate from the roofing company so that I can file a claim with insurance.

So, that's how my weeks have been, good and bad. And there's still no word from the governor about opening the cemeteries for committals. But, since the virus is increasing again, I doubt it will happen any time soon. For the burial to stay free it has to be done within the first year and today is 6 months. I would hope they would waive the 1 year requirement due to the virus so we'll just have to see what happens in the future.

Hope everyone is staying safe and well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment