Saturday, December 27, 2014

Wow! Last post of the year already! It seems that this year has gone by very fast. I always heard older people say that time moves faster when you're older. I thought that was just a saying, but I think it's true!

We both woke up sick last Sunday so it was a very good thing that we cancelled our family Christmas! Bill asked me what size bat I used on him during the night. We stayed home from church and barely moved from the couch. Bill started to feel better during the course of the day, but I did not. I had even decided to go to the dr. just to see if I really had the flu instead of just a cold. When we woke up Monday morning, we both felt fine! I hadn't felt that good for a couple of weeks! Maybe just the thought of going to the dr. did the trick!

Kayden and Kiyann came over Tuesday afternoon to open presents and they had a good time. They were both happy with their gifts. Wednesday we went to Ryan's with their gifts.

We spent a quiet Christmas morning at home and then went to Emily's for dinner and gifts with them. Of course we had too much food and I have enough ham leftover to feed a small army! Bill has decided he wants to start using his computer again and spent 2 hours with it after we came home loading programs. For a first time in a long time, 2 hours was a pretty long time, especially with his short attention span.

Our best Christmas gift was that Ryan actually talked to Mistie and arranged for the kids to visit this week-end! They hadn't gone to their daddy's since before school started in August, and he barely made an effort to call them! We took them over last night. Usually Kiyann cries the entire ride and after we leave, but there was not a tear this time and she was actually in a good mood when we left!

We have no plans for the next couple of days. We're going to try to take Joe and Tina their gifts Monday when we take my car for an oil change and then Christmas will be over! I usually leave the decorations up until the first of the year, but I'm ready to take it down and get it all back into the attic.

For the last couple of years I've tried using a "word of the year" instead of making resolutions that are never kept. The first year my word was freedom and it worked well. Last year it was organize and that didn't work at all. This year I'm picking the word discipline. Bill and I have noticed that we've gotten into a bad rut of getting up, breakfast and meds, watch tv/read/knit/puzzle books, eat, watch tv/read/knit/puzzle books, eat, tv...well you get the idea. We've talked about needing to change this, but it's just talk. So, we're going to try using a written schedule, even if it says at 10 am Bill walks on the treadmill while watching The Price is Right. We haven't done anything on the next phase of the remodel, which is put the rooms that are done back in order so that the other 3 rooms can be done. So, we're going to try this and see.

We did do something that we had only done once in the last 25 years and that was get our pictures made. We had done it 13 years ago for my mother's 70th birthday and that was it. So, for Christmas, we did it. I've had the pictures in downloadable format for awhile, but as we were giving them as gifts, couldn't post them. So, now that everyone has gotten one that was getting it for Christmas, here they are.



I hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a happy, healthy, prosperous new year! See you in 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos!!! The years flying by... yeah, like the end of the toilet paper roll, they go faster and faster!

    ReplyDelete