Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year!

We've had a pretty quiet week. We made it to church Sunday and then went to Ryann's to pick up Kayden. Kiyann only stayed 1 night and came home with Emily after having their Christmas with her dad. Kayden told me he had a good time this time and does want to go back, which is a good sign!

We finally got all the Christmas decorations taken down and packed away yesterday. The boxes haven't made it to the attic yet, but at least it's been put away for another year.

Bill spent some more time at his computer and wrote me a letter yesterday. That was something we had done even before we were married. So, progress made yet again! He's also been walking on his treadmill more. He must have made some resolutions as we haven't sat together to make our schedule of things.

We did take my car to Jackson for the 1st oil change. I can't believe we've put almost 5000 miles on it, and we've only had it since the end of September. Wait, yes I can believe it, trip to Florida, trip to Illinois, using it 99% of the time for anything else.

There is so much sickness around now I almost hate to leave the house. I'm still stuffy and Bill started sneezing during the night last night and seems a little stuffy  this morning.

It's warmer this morning than it has been for about 2 weeks. It's also raining and we're supposed to get 1-2 inches before the day is out. We have a flash flood watch until this evening. It's still very dark out and probably won't get much brighter. After the front goes through the bottom is supposed to drop out of the temperature and a couple of days next week we won't get out of the 20s.

I've just about finished Brianna's afghan. I only have about 12 rows to go and then weaving in the ends. Luckily it's a pattern that doesn't need to be blocked. I'm ready for it to be done.

That's about it for this 1st post of 2015. I hope you all have a good year. See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. It has been super dreary here. Weatherman says the sun may make an appearance briefly today, before the next round hits. Still waiting to see if that happens. Yuk.

    ReplyDelete