Saturday, January 17, 2015

It's been another week of some ups and downs. Bill's numbers seem to have stabilized, I think. We're still checking them.

We were supposed to get freezing rain Sunday and Bill decided on Saturday that we would stay home from church. We ended up getting mostly rain, which was a good thing. Bill stayed in bed until nearly 10:30, highly unusual for him. I gave him his medicine at the usual time and told him he could stay in bed if he wanted. He usually gets up anyway since he has always been a morning person. So, I finally checked on him, (old habits die hard) he was dressed and the bed was made, but he was laying on it. He told me he thought he should talk to Dr. Salguerio, his former psychiatrist. He said that he was feeling useless and not good for anything, which was the cause of some of his recent behavior, to prove to himself that he wasn't old. I was very pleased to hear him say this since I had expected that depression was the cause of everything. He was, as I said before, exhibiting some of the same signs as before.

So we had a very good relaxing day and talked some more about different things. Church folks checked on us and I reminded them that with a weak immune system and all the sickness around we were staying away from most crowds.

I finally got through to Dr. Salguerio's office on Tuesday, even though the message said they are in the office on Monday and Tuesday, they are only there on Tuesday. We were a little disappointed that he won't take Bill back as a patient, mainly because he doesn't know how long this office will be open. He does have another office about 30 minutes from here. So, we're going to see about going up there. We both didn't want him to have to start over with another dr, but if that's what has to be done, that's what we will do.

The end of the week was not as good as the beginning, although there weren't any major issues, just being a little secretive and acting like someone caught in the act of doing something wrong. So, I know, that deep down, where the "real" Bill is, he knows that he's acting out some, but doesn't know how to stop it. I may start adding a Xanax to his morning and evening pills. He still has some and maybe the calming effect would help. I don't like being devious with him, but I also don't like walking on eggshells, and I said I wouldn't do that anymore. I asked Bill if he wanted to start taking them and he said no, so we'll see.

I didn't sleep much Thursday night so was very tired and cranky yesterday, with a headache most of the day. Bill finally went out to walk on the treadmill which gave me a little respite. He also got a haircut this week so another hour alone. It's better than nothing!

On brighter notes, yesterday was our granddaughter Brianna's 16th birthday. She's such a lovely young lady. Her parents have done a good job with her. Tonight is the big birthday bash. We'll go for awhile, don't know if we will stay for all of it or not. And, yesterday grandchild #34 made her entrance into the world! Petra Rose Palacios arrived, a little early, but healthy. She is named after her parents mothers. I've only seen 1 picture and she's got the fattest little cheeks! Don't I sound like the doting grandmother! We'll be planning a trip to Oklahoma before long to see her!

We got a letter from Stephanie for Bill's 6 month labwork. We can get them done here and not have to travel to Mayo just for that. So, next month we'll make an early trip to Jonesboro, get the labs done, breakfast out, then get my anniversary ring inspected and maybe do some shopping. That will be something different for us to do!

My word of the year is not working well and I could tell it wasn't going to when I woke up on January 2. So, maybe I'll change it before too much more time has passed. It seemed right at the time, but not now.

That's all the news from here. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. This is only a bump in the road and we will manage to make it over it. Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. With all the side effects of medications, I'd be terrified to add yet another one, but sure hope he feels better soon. Thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was given Xanax while in rehab to help deal with the roid rage from the Prednisone. Still going to play it by ear. Thanks for the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete