Saturday, January 31, 2015

It's a cloudy cold day this morning. Supposed to start raining sometime and continue through most of tomorrow before ending with a rain/snow mix. I really hope the groundhog predicts an early spring, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

We've had a good week, no episodes of depression, or if there were, he was controlling them. It was suggested that he magnesium might be low, so I researched this and checked on it. One of his anti-rejection meds has magnesium in it, and extra magnesium causes it not to work as well, so they are reluctant to add more. So, we're back to square one.

We went out to eat with some friends from church Wednesday. We always have a good time with them. I realized last night when I was talking with my sister, that we have not been to church this year. Bill said the other night at dinner that he gets lost during the service since he doesn't process things quickly anymore. He also told me last night that he hasn't gotten anything out of the services for quite some time. He also said he gets more from a service on TV than being present at the service. So, I have a feeling we won't be at church in the near future.

We went to Jonesboro shopping for some new clothes this week. By the time Bill had tried on pants and looked at different styles and colors he was pretty tired. I didn't find anything. I needed some new jeans and I don't like the relaxed fit. The legs are just too wide. If I found a pair that were not loose in the thighs, they were too long. Oh the joys of being short and fat! Bill knows that if I'm shopping for clothes I would rather do it alone so I may go back by myself. I'm also thinking I will order some and see how they fit. We went to a favorite Italian restaurant for lunch and then came home. It was a nice day, not too cold but windy. I can tell, still yet, that I was out in the wind. My left ear is feeling "funny" and is a little itchy.

Today is also a day when my eyes don't want to focus. They do that periodically. They are also watery, but it is a really thick "goopy" water. I've asked the eye doctor about this and was told that it's just a sign of aging and not to be too concerned about it. Easy for them to say, they don't have to work to get their eyes to focus, especially the left one. This is the eye that the retina tried to detach a few years ago, so I really watch it. This also leads to a headache, which is already starting, so it won't be a particularly productive day. Oh well, anything that needed done can wait. I'm going to load the dishwasher and that may be about it.

So, there you have it, just another normal week. See you in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment