Saturday, February 7, 2015

As cloudy and dreary as last Saturday morning was, today is a beautiful sunshiny morning and it is supposed to be in the low 60s today. Bill said it is very windy, so the flag will probably be beating against the house. But, the warmth will be a very nice change!

Our week started badly. Saturday was an day where he was very secretive with everything he was doing. When he finally went to walk on the treadmill I added Xanax to his meds. I know those work for him even though he didn't want to take them.

Things were a little better Sunday until it was time for bed and Monday was the worst day we've had so far. It's not so much the melancholy that so often goes with depression. It's the personality changes and secretive behavior that are so hard to deal with. It's like he knows what he's doing is wrong, but he's going to do it no matter what. Anyway, Bill was so sullen when I took him his meds that if I hadn't been standing at the bedroom door, I don't think he would have taken them. He did turn to see if I had left the room and was not happy when he saw I was standing there. He was just flat out angry most of the day...and then it was over by late afternoon/early evening.

I still haven't found a new doctor for him. The clinic I was hoping for isn't taking any new patients. I've gotten a couple of names, but can't find any contact information for them. So, still working on that.

The rest of the week has been almost back to normal. The Xanax has finally kicked in. The only problem with sneaking it in with his others is that he takes it too early in the evening so he wants to go to bed really early. So, I've been trying to keep him up longer. But, he's sleeping better, hasn't gotten up in the night for the last couple of nights. That also lets me sleep better.

We finally sat down and made his schedule and that seems to have helped greatly. He's decided that he wants to use his treadmill 2 hours a day instead of 1. So, he's been doing an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. That could also be why he's so tired in the evenings. He did say his legs were sore last night.

I finally managed to get a haircut this week and it feels so good! It's short enough that I can finger comb it and let it go, or I can dry and style. But, I've never been one to style it. I let my hairdresser "do it" after she cuts it, but usually I go right home and brush it out!

I got our taxes filed last Sunday and we've already gotten the state refund. Arkansas is on the ball this year. Last year our federal was pulled for a paper audit and it was delayed. Hopefully it won't be this year.

We have to go to Jonesboro this coming week to have Bill's 3 month labs done. I think I said they were 6 month ones last week. But, it's every 3 months. We just go to Jonesboro every 6 months since we do the other ones at Mayo. I think we're going to go on Wednesday. We have to have them done between the 11th and 13th. Bill ruled out the 13th since it's a Friday (no sense in tempting fate). Since Thursday is the day for his Fosamax and he has to hold all of his meds, it would be too difficult by the time he takes the Fosamax and then waits 30 more minutes to take the other meds. He also can't have anything but water for that 30 minutes so we wouldn't be able to go straight to breakfast. So, Wednesday it is. Then, we're going to Oklahoma next Sunday to see the new grandbaby. I made out reservations yesterday afternoon.

I think that's about it for this week. Hopefully the coming week will be smoother than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment