Saturday, February 28, 2015

We still haven't heard from the dr. about any appointment with the hematologist, so we're just kind of stuck in limbo again. Bill isn't concerned about it, but I don't think he realizes how serious this could be. And of course, I've read too much about it, so I'm getting more worried. The problem could be anything from an infection somewhere to cancer. Bill is not showing any signs of anything, except for an off and on cough, but it also has some sinus drainage with it. Sometimes I think the cough stems from the scar tissue in his throat from being on the vent for so long. He has a hard time clearing his throat now and the cough could be from that. But, he's not had any fever, his vital signs are good, his appetite is good, mind has its good days and bad days as usual, so it's hard to pinpoint something.

This is just one of the drawbacks of not living near your (our) transplant center. If we were still in Jacksonville I'm sure Stephanie would have already gotten us an appointment with the hematology clinic. Oh well, it was a decision we made together about coming home.

We both had eye appointments this week. Last year Bill needed new glasses but I didn't. This year I need them but he doesn't. I also could have gotten by without getting them because just my left eye has changed, but I decided to go ahead and get them. My left eye is the one that I have more trouble with, as far as watering or not wanting to focus. It's also the one that the retina tried to detach a few years ago.

Our ice is finally melting. It's supposed to be in the 40s today and warmer yet the next few days, but rainy. We've had some sunshine which has perked us both up some. We do have a chance to for a little more winter weather next week so we'll have to see.

I've been doing my usual "tax season" sleeping, which means I don't really sleep deeply until 4 or 5 in the morning. Then when it's time to get up I'm still tired. I'm pretty sure it's from the stress of not knowing about what it going on with Bill.

That's about all for this time. I'm going to have to make a Walmart run. I'm just about out of laundry soap. I'm hoping I can get the next 2 loads done and not have to go until later, but I'm not very hopeful. Luckily we don't get really dirty so I can use a little less. At least the whites are done. So this is it until next time. There may be another midweek post if we hear from the drs, so check back often.

1 comment: