Saturday, October 3, 2015

Fall has finally arrived...not just the official start, but the actual season! The leaves are starting to turn and fall and the temperatures have dropped and you can just feel the change. I love it!

Monday was the first day that I actually felt good, not better but good. There have been so many, all over the place, who have/had this cold/sinus/allergy mess. Mine lasted exactly a week and then was gone. Luckily, or maybe because of his daily antibiotic, Bill has not gotten it. He did have a draining nose the other day, but that has also stopped.

He finally got a haircut and Thursday we got the oil changed and tires rotated on my car. They looked at the seat that came apart and have to order the part. So, we'll make another trip when it comes in. It was a beautiful day for a drive that day.

Bill has walked most days and he said he had to turn his little heater on yesterday! We have finally turned the air off. It's still really cool this morning so haven't opened the door yet. It's been really windy the last 2 days and I had to take my door decoration off last night because it was banging against the door.

 We got a new credit card this week (one of our switched) and as I was putting it in my wallet I noticed I was missing one. I knew the last time I used it was for something on line and I looked everywhere, under the chairs, in drawers, took everything out of my purse, nothing. So, I broke down and called the company, verified all of the recent purchases and then talked to a very nice lady who is sending me a new card, and it's just a replacement card, not a new account number since we have Bill's card. I hadn't been off the phone 5 minutes when I sat back down and lo and behold, in between the cushion and arm of the recliner was the card! The only place I hadn't checked. I didn't try calling back to cancel the new card. It was too much of a hassle to get past all of the automated questions to actually talk to a person. So, when it comes in, I'll shred the old one. Lesson learned...put it back on the table instead of the arm of the chair and then back into the wallet as soon as I'm finished!

We met Ryan and Amanda at the halfway point and did a kid swap. It was the first time in several months that he called and talked to Kayden and Kiyann and actually wanted them to come for the week-end. Tori was going to spend the week-end in town her with her brothers, so we dropped 2 off and picked 1 up. We were surprised that Kiyann actually wanted to go and there weren't any tears when the time came. She gave her daddy the biggest hug, and he just closed his eyes and held her. I wish he would make more of an effort to see and talk to them. I know most of the conflict comes from Amanda and he doesn't want to make waves, but these 2 need their dad and he was always a pretty good dad. So, there's hope yet!

All for this week! Have a great week-end!

3 comments:

  1. It's so hard on the kids when parents have conflicts. My granddaughter was very fortunate that her mom and dad put aside their differences and were actually pretty close friends. My granddaughter was very close to her Daddy and, unfortunately, he passed away while working in Cameroon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. My ex and I did that, never talked the other parent down and we got/get along much better than when we were married. Unfortunately my daughter-in-law is jealous of the time spent with the kids, but don't get me started on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son actually lives with his ex and her husband, to be near his kids. They get along great... now.

      Delete