Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fall is gone and we are back to summer. It was very cool last week-end, only made it into the mid 50s on Saturday. I finally broke down Sunday afternoon and turned the heat on, only long enough to get the chill out of the house. By Tuesday we were back to the air conditioning. It's a little cooler today. The air is back off and the door opened.

We didn't do much this week at all. We're having problems with our washing machine draining now. I did laundry Wednesday and thought it was sounding funny. I just happened to be standing in the kitchen. Looked behind the washing machine and saw water dripping from the drain. Had to move both appliances to get it all mopped up, which also told us that the room is not level anymore! Everything else was draining fine, kitchen sink, bathrooms, so I ran the garbage disposal to clear it and the washer did fine so we thought it was fixed. I decided Thursday to wash a couple of blankets and only got 1 done because it did the same thing. I was in the laundry room working so I stood there turning the washer on and off to get it to drain. Needless to say I only got 1 blanket washed! So, this next week we will call Roto-Rooter. I did see them at the neighbors Thursday afternoon, so maybe their problem was also our problem and it is fixed. I'll just have to fill the washer with some water and see what happens. My sister also told me to pour a little Liquid Plumber down the drain pipe and then fill and drain to see what happens. If anyone out there knows any other remedies, I'm open to suggestions!

Bill cleaned out the garage some yesterday. He went out to look for our old stadium seats for the Homecoming game last night for Emily and decided to sweep out all of the leaves and accumulated dust. He couldn't believe how dirty it was, but it hadn't been done for 3 years! He's the only one who parks in the garage so we're not in it a lot.

I've been doing a lot of crocheting and knitting and as a result I have "crafters elbow". The only real treatment for it is rest and it's driving me crazy that I can't work on William's "Captain A'mica" afghan. It's more than half done and I really want to finish it. But, there's a nice lump at my elbow and it really does hurt to use my arm so I'm trying really hard to be good!

We're having a carry-in dinner at church tomorrow and I still have to get my cake baked and casserole mixed together. I'm not cooking the casserole until the morning, but I'm mixing it tonight to save some time. And, I must get the cake baked before the ballgame comes on at 4:30 so I'd better get going!

All for this week, have a great week-end!

1 comment:

  1. I sympathize with the elbow. I have a frozen left shoulder and right thumb. Darn fluoroquinolones!

    ReplyDelete