Saturday, December 12, 2015

Another week in the books! We are both still fighting colds. I think we're just passing it back and forth. I finally gave Bill and ultimatum this week, he either started taking some OTC meds, went to the doctor, or I call Stephanie. He opted for the meds and, other than a lingering cough which isn't frequent, he's feeling better. I felt good all week until Thursday evening and then realized that my throat hurt and I had a headache. I woke up yesterday with the headache, a weepy eye and all stuffed up. So, I took some more meds and feel a lot better today. There are so many sick here and these colds are lingering 2-3 weeks. So, even though we are trying to stay away from as many people as possible, it doesn't always work.

We had fun with grandkids this week. I picked McKenna up from tutoring on Monday and Wednesday. We always know what's going on with her because she talks nonstop, flitting from subject to subject. She wanted a snack and never did eat it because she was too busy talking!

I had to take something to our former daughter-in-law's house Monday evening and Kiyann handed me a piece of paper and said her class was going to view the Christmas lights on a hayride and wanted to know if I could take her. Her step-dad was going to be working and they only have 1 vehicle. I told her that I could and she was so excited! She said "I ain't never been on a hayride before"! This was going to take place on Tuesday night. Our town puts up a huge display that is becoming pretty well-known outside of our area. It's called Lights of the Delta and it's a drive through the old air force base golf course. We hadn't been for several years and they have added several different displays. It also helped that Tuesday night was 1/2 price night and it was only $5 to drive through. So Bill, Kayden and I followed the haywagon. The kids had the best time and it wasn't too cold for her to be out.

Wednesday, in addition to McKenna, Brianna came over after her orthopedic appointment in Memphis. I don't know if I've said anything about that here or not but she injured a knee when she played basketball in middle school. Softball has aggravated it and she has undergone several physical therapy sessions. It has improved enough now that she has been released from the dr. It has not healed, but the only alternative now is surgery which may or may not help. In addition to playing softball, she also made the dance team, which in my day would have been a pom pom team. So, if she can do all of that, I think she'll be OK. They've just told her to wrap it before games.

We did manage to get the Christmas decorations down from the attic and the tree put up. The only other decorating I did was hang our stockings. I hung them from the dresser the TV is on instead of the mantle. We got a lovely poinsettia from our lawn service and that with our wooden sleigh to hold Christmas cards and we're done. I just didn't feel like dragging it all out. I got all the cards addressed yesterday and got the Christmas checks mailed along with a couple of packages. Most of the gifts that I ordered have come in and they are all wrapped and under the tree. I still have a little more shopping to do and Bill hasn't done any even though he talks about it every day.

He was going to go Wednesday after he got a haircut but came home instead. It's a good thing he did because he left his glasses at the barbershop! So, we hopped back in the car and went to get them.

It's very warm today, 70 at 6:30 this morning. We're to have some storms and heavy rain tomorrow and with it this warm I thinking that the storms may be more severe than they have predicted. I remember a Christmas Eve tornado from several years ago. We spent that Christmas in Illinois with family (although I don't remember if it was before Bill and I were married or not). Anyway, I hope we don't have a repeat of that.

That's about it, I think. Our family Christmas is going to be on the 20th so I'll spend the coming week making some goodies. I think we just going to "graze" as far as food goes. Just appetizers and munchies. The kids never want to really eat anything and can always sent things home with them. Also saves on clean-up!

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You've had a busy week. That's busier than I've been in a month of Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only going to get busier, but after next Sunday things will settle down, I hope! We have at least 2 Christmas concerts this week and our church Christmas dinner...and that's just what's on the calendar so far! A cave in the mountains or a grass shack at the beach both sound really good right now!

    ReplyDelete