Saturday, December 19, 2015

As if last week wasn't busy enough, this week was a doozy! Monday we got McKenna from school and then it was the night of Brianna's choir concert. They did a good job. There are so many kids in choir this year they were able to break it into 3 different choirs.

Tuesday we again got McKenna from school as it was her band concert. The high school jazz band opened the concert and there are a lot of kids in the middle school band. The beginner band actually sounded better than the other one. I know they were playing much easier music, but their overall tone was better. 

Wednesday I went to the church and helped pick music for the kids Christmas program tomorrow. I also finished shopping and got what I needed for our Christmas with the kids tomorrow afternoon. When I got home there was a strange car in the driveway. Some good friends had stopped by...to show us their new car! We had a good visit with them. Floyd even helped me carry the groceries in and Bambi helped me sort out the things that needed to go in the fridge/freezer.

Thursday I got the CD burned with the music. My best friend's mother passed away Sunday night and her visitation was Thursday evening, so off to the funeral home we went. She is handling things pretty well. She's an only child and her father passed away a couple of years ago. She also doesn't have any children so it all fell on her. But, with the help of friends, she's making it through.

The funeral was yesterday and I ended up not being able to go. The furnace repairman came early in the morning to change the filter and I was kept busy getting things for him. I knew where the things were, Bill didn't. Last night was our church Christmas dinner at a local steak house. We had a good visit with everyone, but the place was freezing cold and most of us sat with our coats on all evening. They didn't turn the heat on in the party room until we started arriving!

This last week has tipped Bill over the edge with his cold. He is now coughing really hard and the cough medicine seems to be making it worse instead of helping. I think he's also starting to run a little fever. So, whether he wants to or not, he's going to the dr. Monday. I tried to get him to go yesterday, but the nurse practitioner wasn't there and I think the dr. we've seen for years would just brush it off. He and his nurse are afraid of treating Bill now since the transplant. Depending on how he is when he gets up, we can always drive the hour to Jonesboro to the walk-in clinic. I so wish we had one here!

I'm sure that Stephanie would not be happy with me for letting him go so long without being seen, but again it's walking that fine line between caregiver and spouse. I know I've written about that before...we have to live with the patient and not just care for them. But, when I told him last night that he would be at the dr. Monday morning, he didn't argue with me, so I know he feels bad now. Before he still felt pretty good, but now he doesn't.

Today is "goodie" making day, although I really don't have to with all of the goodies we've gotten from friends and family. Then tomorrow morning is cooking the hot foods for tomorrow afternoon...unless we have to cancel it like we did last year. I'll make that call later today!

So, there you go. Next week should be a breeze as far as activities go. Christmas Day will just be me and Bill and I told him we may have what we had for our first Christmas together...hot dogs. That was all we could afford! I want to wish anyone reading this, whether for the first time, or whether you've followed it from the beginning, or sometime in between, a Merry and Blessed Christmas. If you look hard enough, you can find blessings in any situation, even bad ones, as this blog has shown.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Hope Bills gets well soon! If you don't post before then, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete