Saturday, December 26, 2015

I am finally home from the hospital. Bill was pretty uncomfortable when I left, but it was time for another breathing treatment. He's still getting winded when he tries to do anything. The respiratory therapist this afternoon said that the treatments are working and he should start feeling better tomorrow. They are going to continue them through the night.

They can't do the transplant meds so I'm giving them to him. I just have to tell the nurse that they have been given. Once I told them that I've given them to him every day for 3 1/2 years they were more comfortable with me doing it. I could have just given them the meds and told them when they were scheduled, but who knows if he would have gotten them, or when!

I don't think much of the dr. Our family dr. doesn't have hospital privileges. It's a long story, he doesn't like the Chief of Staff so he revoked his privileges. So, we have to see the hospitalist. But, the ARNP at the office who I have switched to, and Bill was going to if he would have gone when I wanted him to, does have privileges. And, since Emily, our daughter works at this dr. office, she was going to see if our dr. wanted the ARNP to check on him since it's a family member of an employee.

Bill didn't eat anything until supper and then he ate half a hamburger and a few fries and some pineapple. But, that was enough to make me happy, at least for tonight. We'll see how he does in the morning.

I still have to call Stephanie at Mayo, but I won't get her until Monday. I'm going to call and leave her a message tomorrow because Monday is biopsy day and she'll be busy in the biopsy lab. But, it I leave her a message, she should get it early in the morning. We'll just have to see.

I'm almost beyond tired now since I've been going since 5 this morning. I'm sitting here in the quiet eating some peanut butter toast and then I'm going to hit the bed.

I'll update this again tomorrow night after I get home. I'm not going to take my laptop with me and it's too hard to do on my tablet. The keyboard covers the space used to type in and I can't see when I make a mistake. So, it will probably be this time tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a little earlier, but I had a lot of phone calls to make tonight. Won't have as many tomorrow, they can read about it here!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I'll try to update about that later.

1 comment: