Saturday, May 21, 2016

Another completely normal week! These normal weeks make it hard to find something to actual write about. But, since I see how many people do read these posts, I'll keep trying to find something. Maybe something that seems normal to us will help someone else in the same situation.

One thing we have to keep an eye on are wounds. Bill's skin is pretty fragile. Part of it is medication and some of it is age. Anyway, as he was taking the trash out the other day, the security door caught his arm above his elbow. It is mostly just a skin tear, and he washed it up before he even told me about it. But, it's something else to keep watch.

It was very cool here this week. We actually had to turn the heat on again. Hopefully it will be warmer in the days ahead. We finally have some sun, but it's not going to last. Most of the coming week is rainy.

The last day of school for our kids is next week. It seems like this year has gone by really fast. Next year, Brianna will be a Senior, McKenna will be in Jr. High, Kayden will be in 6th grade, and Kiyann in 4th. Where have those babies gone?

I get to do some major worrying Monday. Emily, my daughter is having a partial hysterectomy Monday. It could turn into a full one depending on what the surgeon finds at the time. One the same day, Amanda, our daughter-in-law is having a lower GI and EDG. It would be so nice if they were done at the same facility, but one is here in town, and the other one is 45 miles away. I've made the decision not to go to either hospital for the actual events. Amanda's is outpatient and Emily will be in hospital for at least 2 nights. Bill doesn't need to sit at the hospital. So, Bri and Kenna are coming here after school and I'll take them to the hospital. I'm feeding them Monday night. My ex and his wife are coming for the surgery and I'm going to invite them to eat too. It's really kind of crazy since they live in the town where Amanda's procedures are going to be done, yet they are coming to Em's surgery. And yes, hers is a little more serious. So, prayers for both of these to go smoothly, please!

All for this week. I need to get some clothes on and start doing...something. I don't know what yet, just something. Have a good week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I think I need someone to define normal. Just kidding, I think it's great there's nothing much to report on Bill.

    Best wishes to both girls and hopefully no complications from procedures.

    ReplyDelete