Saturday, April 1, 2017

It's been a much quieter week and I for one am glad of that!

I've talked about our unintentional menagerie of cats before. We were pretty much down to the two kittens and an occasional visit by the others. The little gray cat is very curious and shows up at the strangest times. It has looked in the back door when I leave it open to go back out for some reason. We had the front door open the other night and it sat on the front steps looking in. The little black one wasn't quite as curious, but he would also watch. I was able to get within 3 feet of the gray one after feeding them and he/she wasn't quite as skittish as before. All of this to say that last Saturday afternoon the little black one was hit and killed and now the gray one is acting like it's MY fault! It has regressed and I'm really having to coax it out. It is still pretty curious, came out to see what all the noise was when the lawn service finally came and mowed yesterday, but not as bold as before.

Bill has lost his wedding ring. He has lost so much weight, especially in his left hand and arm that it just slid off somewhere and he didn't even feel it. We haven't found it laying around anywhere, or in a pants pocket. I'm thinking that it fell off as he was emptying the smaller trash cans. I got him his older one and it fits him better. We had replaced our rings on our 10th anniversary and that is the one he lost.

He walked on his treadmill some yesterday for the first time in a long time. Hopefully he'll go back out again today. He will at least need to turn the light out! He left it on yesterday and I didn't notice it until it got dark and I looked out the window.

We have no plans for next week, as far as I know. Amanda is having surgery on her back on the 5th. She has some disc/muscle problems. She was admitted to the hospital last night for another problem that has been recurring but no cause can be found. It's sad that she's so young and has so many health problems.

That's about it. See, I told you it was a quiet week! I'm just glad that baseball is starting again! I told my sister I will only answer calls from her on Sunday night, because she will also be watching the Cubs game and we will probably need to discuss the game as it is in progress. Other than that, all other calls will get a rejection message! Sorry, Mom! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment