Saturday, November 25, 2017

I hope your Thanksgiving was as nice as ours. It was just the 2 of us this year so it was a quiet day. But, we had a good meal (turkey is Bill's favorite food) and spent the day watching old westerns. I did some reading and played computer games.

Bill got a good report at the Dr. Tuesday. His white count was at 8000 which is normal and she said he was moving air really well, both top and bottom. His last Prednisone was last Friday and I didn't give him any insulin Monday night. His readings did not get above 200. So, we are just to randomly monitor him and if there are 2 back to back readings of 200 or above that can't be accounted for by food, then I'm to give him 4 units of insulin instead of the 8 I had been giving him. And so far so good. So, the meds and infection were the culprits. He can also start using his treadmill after we get home from Mayo. He still does get winded some walking, especially if he gets up in the night. But after laying down it all moves when he stands. Such are the effects of COPD/emphysema.

We are not Black Friday shoppers, not even online usually, so yesterday was also quiet. There were several things I could have done, but I hadn't slept well so was tired. The cat went to bed with us and whenever she does that I can't get comfortable. She likes to sleep on my legs but she doesn't give me a chance to get settled before she climbs on. Last night she was asleep on the couch when we went to bed and she didn't come in until after 5 this morning so slept much better.

Kayden and Kiyann are coming for music lessons today. Kayden had asked me to teach him to play the piano. He got a keyboard for his birthday so he wants to learn how to play it. Kiyann is starting to play the recorder at school and she is scared she won't know the songs. Kenna got a recorder with her school supplies so I can show her (Kiyann) the fingering. Bill will probably go crazy, especially since he can't go out to his man-cave!

Bill managed to get a haircut this week, but I have not. I haven't looked for a new beautician since mine left her shop. She decided she could make more money doing embroidery work than being on her feet all day. I just hate breaking in someone new since my hair grows so weird. I think a lot of hairdressers don't believe the 7 cowlicks (sp) and that it gets longer instead of shorter when it dries.

So, it seems that things are getting back to normal in time for the holidays and our trip to Florida. And for that, we were both very grateful Thursday. Have a good week, enjoy all your shopping if you are in to that. My daughter left at 5 on Thanksgiving night and didn't get home until after 3 yesterday afternoon! I don't know how they did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment