Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Bill had a good day and now we are looking at going home Friday, if he can transition to pill form of the antibiotics instead of the IVs. His white count is now back to normal, but it is still a mystery since everything they have tested for, as far as the infection goes, has come back negative.

They have started giving him a low dose of a slow acting insulin and supplementing it at meal times if necessary with a fast acting one. His A1C went from 7 last week to 8 yesterday. The Dr. still seems to think that it is all steroid driven, but since his dad was diabetic in his later years, it's entirely possible. The dietician came in this morning and gave us some information on watching carbs, so we may have a new phase of eating there.

He still is getting short of breath when he is walking and I don't know what they are going to do about that, or if it will change as the pneumonia is cleared. It could also just be a progression of the COPD/emphysema.

I came home early today to beat the rain that was coming in and have paid the bills and filled my pill container. I went to Walmart to grab a couple of things, and mainly to break a big money bill, and got so disgusted that I did what I had threatened to do many times, left my basket and walked out. They had 3 lanes open and they were backed up past the first walk-through. All of the self-checks were open and they were all full. I did get lucky that Subway was able to break the bill. I got a foot long sandwich and will take half of it with me to the hospital tomorrow.

I am really tired and went to bed last night at 8. My phone beeped at 10:30 and it was nothing important and I didn't wake up until 5 when the cat came and licked my cheek and told me it was time for breakfast. I felt really rested, but I had a very hard time keeping my eyes open on the drive down, until I hit traffic and then it was much easier. Hopefully that won't happen tomorrow morning.

I just talked to Bill to see if he remembered the baseball game and he had. He also had a visitor after I left. His son Joe came to visit. He had an appointment across the street so he stopped in. We haven't seen him in so long that Bill said he really didn't recognize him, but they had a nice visit.

That's all for now. I'm going to watch as much of the ballgame as I can and then hit the bed. I've already had my shower and I don't think there's anything for me to gather for tomorrow. Goodnight for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment