Saturday, November 4, 2017

Sorry I didn't update last night. Yesterday was a whirlwind of a day and then we made it an early night.

I was up and out the door by 6 yesterday morning hoping that I would be at the hospital before the drs. rounded, and I was. Bill was up but still in bed and watching TV. He said he hadn't slept well, whether it was noisy or just his bed not being comfortable, I don't know. This was the first morning I had been there for his morning pills and discovered they were only giving him 1/2 of his cellcept, which is one of the transplant drugs! It was put in wrong in the ER and because I wasn't there to question it the other days, he was not getting the correct dose. It doesn't seem to have done him any harm, so I'll just keep an eye on him. Of course I got him back on his usual dose last night.

He was discharged at lunch time, which actually is a good time to get out of the city! We were home by a little after 2. I called Stephanie because they wanted to make some other changes to his meds. They had been in contact, at least from the ER, and she was going to request his records and then is going to call me next week. We will be there the 20th for his regular appointment so they will be able to check him out for themselves then.

He did come home with a slow acting insulin that he gets at night. The pharmacy was able to fill it in the pen form and the pharmacist showed me how to do it. I told him we had no clue what to do. There were also good instructions with it. But, we weren't given any instructions on what to do if it was high. I know at the hospital, only from yesterday's nurse, that they were supplementing with a fast acting before meals if it was 150 or above, because at lunch it was 149 and that's when she made the comment. We do have a test kit and strips and hopefully it will work so that I can test it some during the day even though I can't do anything about it.

We are to see our regular dr. this week, probably to make sure his white count has stayed down and that he is still moving air well.

I picked up some bbq plates for supper last night and will now take stock to see what groceries are in the house. I'm supposed to take the cat in for her allergy shot, but I want her to get de-clawed in the front so I'm going to see about taking her Monday morning for that and get the shot at the same time. 

I'm not looking forward to the time change tonight, even though sleeping for an extra hour seems nice. I know that won't happen and it means that Bill starts taking his meds an hour earlier. I also don't know what time the cat will start trying to get us up. It was 4:30 this morning!

I will probably go back to once a week for the updates, unless something else happens. Happy Time Change!

No comments:

Post a Comment