Saturday, July 7, 2018

It would have been nice to spend the rest of the week quietly, but it wasn't to be. Even though Wednesday was a holiday, the home health nurse came by to check Bill out and get him going in the system again. It got rather noisy in the evening and even though the neighbors picked up their trash, they didn't pick it up from our yard, and there is bottle rocket debris all over it.

Thursday was my appointment back in Memphis at the gastro dr. I really liked him and instead of going straight for the endoscopy, he's going to try an esophagram, which is like a barium swallow study. Surprisingly it can be done at our hospital so I don't have to go back to Memphis. It's going to be Thursday morning. Bill's regular pulmonologist, Dr. Burbeck called in the morning and wanted to see him before his regular appointment in August. So, he has an appointment with her on the 18th. While I was on my way home from Memphis, Dr. Threlkeld's office called. This is the Infectious Disease doctor. They want to see Bill next Friday to see if the antibiotic is working.  Then, the home health physical therapist came by that evening to re-evaluate Bill. He said he has lost some of the progress that had been made, but that's to be expected.

Yesterday we both had appointments with our regular doctor. Mine went fine and was basically a med check. Bill's white count has gone back up from 11 to 13. She added an additional antibiotic and said he still sounds coarse in the bottom of his lungs. She also added nebulizer treatments at least twice a day and wants him to use his spirometer during commercials to keep his lungs expanding, or we're going to end up back where we were. Amy, the nurse, is going to come out Monday morning to draw labs so that he doesn't have to get out in the heat.

After we left the dr. we headed to Dyersburg. I still haven't renewed my ID card, and we couldn't do it yesterday either. The ID office was closed. So, Monday morning, as early as possible, I'm going back to Dyersburg to get it done. It expires Tuesday and it's a difficult process to get it renewed then. Believe me, I've done this and know how tough it is.

We are both exhausted, although I feel more rested this morning. Bill must too since he was up at 6:30. Guess that's what happens when you don't even make it until 9 before going to bed! Hopefully I'll feel like getting something done around here. The house is a wreck and needs some serious attention. Plus the laundry is overflowing, but we still have clean underwear so it's not panic mode quite yet! Plus, groceries need bought and my car has a recall that needs attended to.

Our daughter-in-law is having surgery Monday to repair a hernia. She is also having an MRI and EEG. They believe that her brain tumor is either growing back or she has an aneurism. She's started having small seizures again, even on her medication.

So, that's been our week. I told Bill that as much as needs done, all I want to do is sit and rest. But I've sat so much that last night my entire body was aching so I know I need to be moving more. The next 2 weeks will have more news from drs. Where has our "normal" life gone? Oh for those days of nothing happening!



No comments:

Post a Comment