Tuesday, September 11, 2018

This may be a very short, fast post this morning. I've got to leave in 10 minutes.

Bill is back in the hospital. He really deteriorated over the week-end, with his O2 sats dropping into the 70s when he walked and stood. We had made a deal that he would go to the emergency room in Memphis yesterday anyway, but he told me when I woke him that he needed to go to the hospital. He was burning up with fever and very weak. Emily came to help me get him to the car and he could only make it to the foyer. So, we called 911 and he was taken to our local er.

One of my good friends is the receptionist there now and it was so nice to deal with someone I knew. The dr. was new and young, but very nice and thorough, and understood that he needed to go to Memphis. They only did a few tests before shipping him, although we were there almost all morning.

So, he's back in the transplant unit and this morning they are doing another bronchoscopy to see why it keeps recurring and what may be growing. They were all dismayed that he had only be home 10 days, so maybe this time they will keep him until he's completely well from this.

I'm still having my procedure Thursday, so I'm insisting they keep him until at least Friday when I'll be able to drive again. Emily is coming tomorrow after work to stay with me and be my driver.

Gotta go, his procedure is scheduled for 7:30. I'm not taking my computer so I don't know if this will get updated before I come home tonight or not. I've never tried to do it on my phone so I'm not sure how it will go.

Until later..

No comments:

Post a Comment