Saturday, September 29, 2018

This has been just another week. We've gotten into the groove of the IV hook-ups every 8 hours. The one that gets the hardest is the one at night because we, or at least I have to stay up until it's done. That's the only one I give early. But, Ricky came yesterday and changed the dressing and everything looked good and both lines, they put a double one in flushed and drew back well. He drew some labs to be sent off at the request of Dr. Threlkeld. I won't get a copy and right now I can't access things from Dr. Threlkeld. He's joining the Baptist Group that I can acess, but it hasn't happened yet.

Bill has done fairly well, but he's still rather weak. Kevin came and re-evaluated him for PT. He can do about 3 more weeks before Medicare will start denying it. Since he gets stronger then has a set-back and has to pretty much start over, Kevin has said that they will say that he's not going to get much better than he is, as far as the physical therapy goes and the basics have been give to him to work on alone. That's going to be the hard part, getting him to do it.

I needed to go to Walmart yesterday afternoon and Bill said he wanted to ride with me, just to get out of the house. He stayed in the car and it didn't take me near as long as I thought it would to do what I needed to do. That was the first time he had been out since he got out of the hospital 10 days ago. Just the little walk to the car and back wore him out.

We finally got our rain and it rained all week-end and most of the week. The sun finally came out yesterday and it was pleasant. It's been cooler, into the 50s at night and 60s to 70s in the day. It's supposed to warm up again in the week, but not the 90s we've had. I thought it was a little ironic that last week we had a heat advisory for heat indexes above 105 and this week we had a wind chill. Not much of one but a wind chill none the less.

Bill is supposed to get his picc line removed Friday at Dr. Threlkeld's office. I still haven't heard back from the ENT about an appointment that same day, so will need to follow up on that Monday. I also still need to call the audiologist to see if we can see her the same day we see Dr. Burbeck. Keeping up with all of that is a full time job!

I had ordered Bill one of the OwnZone headphones, so that he can hear the TV without it blaring throughout the house, or so that he can still watch TV while I'm on the phone or talking to someone here. It took a bit, but we finally got them working and the change has been amazing! The volume on the TV is back down and we aren't having to yell at each other to talk over it. I'll be glad when he has his hearing test and see just how much hearing loss he has. But for now, these will work fine.

All for this week. The alarm has gone off for his first infusion of the day, so my quiet time is starting to wind down. He will stay in bed after I connect him, although he doesn't have to for the IV itself. It's still just pretty early! I'll update next week after the Dr. Happy Fall y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment