Saturday, March 16, 2019

Today is apparently gremlin day in the electronics department. My phone didn't charge in the night, although it was plugged in and the charge light was on. The laptop didn't come on, it again was in an endless loop and the desktop had been unplugged. I suspect the cats had a hand in that one, but the other two, has to be gremlins. So, at least for the laptop, time to do a system restore...again and maybe change a setting or two. But, that was not on my list of things to do today!

We've had a busy couple of days since Bill's been home, and he's doing really well, at least in my opinion. Thursday the home health nurse came and got him re-admitted to them. He told us that they can't just pull up his information from before, so it all had to be redone. But, Ricky is a nice personable guy so we also chatted some during the process. He said that Bill sounds really good compared to before.

Yesterday Ricky was back, just to check up on him and Eric one of the therapists came to evaluate him. Our therapist will be Corey but Eric is the one who will certify him. Right now he will have therapy 3 days a week for 4 weeks and nursing will come 2 days a week for 2 weeks and then once a week for 2 weeks and then he'll be re-evaluated.

We've taken things easy but today, at least I have to get busy and get some things done around here. I also think Ryan is going to come and do some things for us. We've got to get a handrail of some kind up for the steps and the security light on the garage needs changed and we've had so much rain and it's been so warm the hedges are needing the first trim of the year already!

I got a call from the nurse practitioner Thursday that Bill's Prograf level was way too high now so she said to cut it back for 3/2 to 2/1 (which I had already done). I told her that the labs were drawn Monday after he had taken his meds and that could have affected it also. So, Monday since he has an appointment for labs and to see Connie, I'll hold his meds until after his labs.

He's done really well getting around the house with his walker. The part that worries at him is his oxygen tubing. I'm wondering if a couple of big hooks on the side to roll the tubing on and then trail it off and re-roll it would solve the problem. I can't get it completely straight in my mind yet and Bill's engineering mind can't see what I'm talking about. So, may buy the hooks and try it just to see. I'm sure we can find a use for the hooks if it doesn't work out.

His blood pressure is fluctuating some, but since he's still not really active it's staying low. But, not dangerously low, just lower than we would like. And he is taking is blood pressure medicine to raise it.

He's still doing well eating and today is a weight check day, so we'll see how he's done. I really don't expect much change but who knows. 

The cats have done well in the night, except for this morning. They gone to bed with us and settled right in and stayed quiet all night. But at 3 this morning, Mouse decided it was time to attack and of course Cat was laying on Bill's legs and then my legs. So they both got booted from the bedroom and closed out. There was some scratching on the door to start with and a few little "I'm sorry" meows, but then they quieted down. I got up a little after 5 and fed them and right now all is quiet. But, I don't know just where Mouse is. Cat is asleep on Bill's blanket on the loveseat but I can't see Mouse so he might be looking out the back window.


Finally got the picture of the flowers to upload! They are actually much prettier and brighter than the picture shows. The cats sit on the floor in front of the mantle and sniff away! We have to put them on the mantle or Mouse will eat them before we know it.

OK, I think you are caught up now. It's almost time to get Bill up for his meds. That's something we're going to have to work on, not letting him lay in bed in the mornings. By this time at the nursing home he was usually up and in his chair waiting for breakfast. But, maybe once therapy starts and I'm hoping they will mostly come in the morning, he'll have to be up and ready. We've had our pj day so now it's time to get into a "normal" routine and for Bill to stay in his pajamas all day keeps him thinking that he can't do anything. So, clothes it is!
 
Don't know if I'll update after the dr. appointment Monday or wait until Saturday after a week of therapy. Just keep checking back! Have a great week-end!


No comments:

Post a Comment