Friday, July 5, 2019

It's nearly 11:30 on Friday night, at least I think it's Friday night, and I can't sleep. I'm tired, and I slept for 90 minutes or there about, but now I'm up. There's been something going on with me this week, and I'm going to have to go find out what it is. But, let's start with Bill and the week.

We had some friends in from out of town last week-end and we tried to get together several times. One day I didn't feel well, one day we were in Jonesboro picking up a book Kenna needed to read for school, and one day Bill didn't feel well. We finally decided on Monday morning for breakfast before they left town. We met at Perkins and had a good visit. 

Bill has had a good week. He did catch both arms on the security door while getting the mail and banged up both elbows. They have healed over now. His skin is so fragile that the least little knock gives him a bruise if not a skin tear. He still has his cough, and he still says it comes from up high. He also tried to fall getting to the front door to open it for me after a trip to the grocery store. He got his feet tangled in his oxygen tubing. He winds it up, like a cowboy does a rope, and lays it on the floor at his feet. Then the first thing he does when he stands up is get a foot right in the middle of it.

I think we finally got the problem with the insulin straightened out. I went to the doctor's office Monday morning with the information I got from ExpressScripts. They told me that they needed more information on the prescription. But, Amy showed me the prescription they had transmitted and it was very plain. Anyway, Jamie was going to call the numbers I gave her and when I checked online it said it was being processed. It was supposed to have been shipped on the 3rd and it still shows in process, but that could be because of the holiday.

We had a quiet holiday. Bill had seen some sausages cooked on TV and thought they looked good so we planned on grilling them. I decided to use my grill pan for the stove because it was horribly hot. I got ready to cook them...and couldn't find them! I had put them in the freezer! So, before I could cook them, I had to thaw them in the microwave. They were actually better re-heated today for lunch. 

Allergies have plagued both of us this week. We've both used inhalers and allergy meds and most of the time it doesn't make any difference. And it's rained again today and may rain more throughout the night. 

I think I've said before that my potassium has been low for some reason. It was low before and then I started taking potassium and it came back up and even though I continued to take it, it was way down again when we went to the dr. a few weeks ago. So, the dose was doubled and I got it checked again after a week. It was still low, but had come up and was almost at the normal range again. When my new prescription was called in, it was for the higher dose, but for twice a day instead of once. 

Most of this week, and part of the last week, I've noticed I've had absolutely no energy and I sit and can just fall asleep. And not just a light sleep, I go to sleep. That is not like me. I don't want to do anything, including knitting or reading, because I fall asleep in the middle of a row or a sentence. And I think it basically stems from the low potassium, although I had the fatigue when I was on the medicine for my foot, which is better, by the way. I told Bill today that my entire body hurt today. It may have been from the rain. And tonight, not only do I hurt everywhere, I itch everywhere. I don't have hives, but I just itch. I did take the extra potassium tonight so don't know if it's that or something else. I've looked at the side effects of all my meds and, even though I've been on them for a year or more, I have several of the side effects. So, since we both need blood work again this week, I'll ask Connie about it. When I got up tonight I took some Ibuprofen and Benadryl. I'm still itching but I'm not hurting like I was. It's hell to get old!

That's been our week. I'm glad Bill has felt like venturing out some. Oh, and I got a "good job" from the wound care doctor when Barb went in this week. I changed the bandage on it again Thursday and it is much smaller than before so it's healing quite well. They are going to try some artificial skin next week and then I won't have to change it. Now, my cursor just went wacky and I've got to find where I've typed or someplace won't make sense. It's almost midnight and I'm getting sleepy again so maybe this time I'll be able to go to bed and rest.

Goodnight all! (I didn't see any glaring mistakes, but then my eyes are tired now, so any words that don't make sense, just ignore them)!

No comments:

Post a Comment