Saturday, January 29, 2011

The month seems to be flying by! I had always heard that time goes faster when you get older and I never actually believed it, but it sure seems like it's true.

Bill had a monitor check yesterday in the wee hours of the morning and the results this time were not good. He apparently has a lot of fluid build-up this time, unlike December when everything looked good. He said he hasn't had any weight gain but he has had some shortness of breath and being tired. Of course he put that down to helping Ron get this project finished. He is concerned about it enough that he talked about it some after we went to bed, not just when he told me that they had called.
Of course these are just the monitoring people. They can interpret the reading but they can't adjust his meds or anything. All they can do is show the results to the doctors. He has appointments all day long on February 15 so we will probably find something out then.

It bothers him so that he can't do what he wants to do! He says he doesn't feel depressed about it, just kinda of discouraged. I think his mind kind of tells him that he can do everything he did before and then his body lets him down.

I told him that I can tell that he has deteriorated some just by looking at him and watching him. I don't think he realizes how many little catnaps he takes watching tv. for example. I keep trying to tell him to stay in bed in the morning instead of getting up so early with me. I also wish he would tell me when the shortness of breath happens. He does tell me that he is tired but that's all he tells me. I told him the shortness of breath was a major danger sign that he needs to pay attention to, but, stubborn man that he is, he won't do it.

We'll see after the dr visits if I need to definitely retire or if just tweaking some drugs will work to help. Keep the prayers coming. We wouldn't be this far if it weren't for them.

1 comment:

  1. He sounds a lot like my husband. Patrick won't tell me when he can't breathe. I've learned to look for signs that he's having trouble breathing because he's to stubborn (denial) to admit to it out loud.

    I stop by a couple times a week to see if there's an update.

    ReplyDelete