Saturday, August 23, 2014

I certainly hope everyone is staying cool this week. It has been horribly hot here with heat advisories. Had some heavy rain last Sunday evening but hot and humid since.

Nothing out of the ordinary this week. The highlight was going to Jonesboro Thursday to pick up my ring. As soon as I told Bill that Zales had called he had the TV turned off and his hat on! I think he wanted to get out of the house. We were only gone 2 1/2 hours, and 2 of that was driving! We're such shoppers! Did stop at Barnes and Noble but that was it!

I had a good time shopping with Em and the girls last Saturday and Bill did fine by himself. He wanted to know if I needed any help carrying things in and I told him no. I spent $150 and all I got was a 3-pack of footie socks! But, it felt good to be able to help. We let McKenna pick our lunch spot. She wanted Steak 'N Shake but we couldn't even find a parking place so she decided on Hooters. We all brought most of our food home and that's what Bill and I had for supper.

Kayden came and spent the night with us last night. We took him out to eat at Perkins and unfortunately I was sick before we even left the restaurant! I think I just ate too much too fast. But, he's a pretty self-sufficient kid and stayed at the computer. When we went to bed we just told him not to stay up too late. He fell asleep watching TV and Bill turned it way down at 2. When I got up at 7 he was just waking up. He was either on the laptop or the desktop the whole time, only stopped to eat.

Kiyann informed me that she was not spending the night but their step-sister was at their house this week-end so she wanted to play with her.

Brianna is going through a tough time with something going on at church. And, McKenna's kitten she rescued last week died yesterday while they were at school. And, Kayden and Kiyann's uncle was found murdered this morning. A young father with 2 young children. So many hard life lessons for them this week. So, lots of extra prayers for them.

As I said, nothing special happening around here, which is a good thing. We're just trying to stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment